What Would Make Your Life Better

Garnetred

What would make your life better..ease your depression. 

For me I would have to say my grandsons illness threw me for a loop just after I was starting to get my feet on the ground after 5 major losses 5 years ago.

My financial situation chanced and that causes me stress and worry'

I have some major health issues that cause me pain and fixing them would cause me even more pain.

I'm single and not sure if that will change because of my health issues so that causes loneliness 

I don't have a living situation where I can grow beautiful flowers and and that causes me sadness

Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head that are stressing me.  I'm sure there's more hiding

Are they fixable for the most part?  I could work towards making "some" of them better but some of them are out of my control/

What about you?  What's causing your depression and what would make it better... use your imagination =)

Someone to share life with.

Ups.

Downs.

Someone to point out when I'm about to act the fool.

Someone to point out when I've exceeded expectations.

Someone to learn from.

Someone to teach.

Someone to f'ing TOUCH ME on occasion.  JUST TOUCH ME.  A hug.  A quick peck at the breakfast table.  To hold hands with.  To brush shoulders against whilst we watch the sun go down.

Someone who'll let me love them.

if my constant envy and jealousy went away.

If I didn,t feel like there was a wall between me and other people

If I could accept affection and friendlness from others instead of feeling hostility and bitterness

If I could have geniunine relationships I enjoy

if I could find something im passionate about

If I could learn to be ok being alone.

If I could be less judgemental and aloof

If I could be less apathetic about life

I hate to say it, but money. There are so many things I can't do given my financial status. I can't even visit my girlfriend, who lives 1500 miles away. Can't afford it. I'm one of those many people who live from paycheck to paycheck, and barely squeak by. No cable TV, no internet, my books and movies come from the library...and I still barely make it from month to month.

I am technically making "good money" at this job. But a huge hunk of it goes to my ex every month. I'm not even asking for a huge amount of money. Another $500/month would set me up pretty good.

Either money--so I could live without needing to work for someone else. OR enough gumption to be my own boss. And by "gumption," I mean drive, initiative, confidence and fearlessness. If I were not afraid to lose my spouse's love and [financial] support, I would just say: to heck with all that, I'm going to sit in my room and write poetry and stories until my fingers bleed.

So at the heart of this is a willingness to let go of the old way of doing things and to embrace a newer way. I can dream all I want, but if I can't do it--that's the bottom line. I can't = I won't.

But at the very least, I'd like to learn to let go and try.

Either money--so I could live without needing to work for someone else. OR enough gumption to be my own boss. And by "gumption," I mean drive, initiative, confidence and fearlessness. If I were not afraid to lose my spouse's love and [financial] support, I would just say: to heck with all that, I'm going to sit in my room and write poetry and stories until my fingers bleed.

So at the heart of this is a willingness to let go of the old way of doing things and to embrace a newer way. I can dream all I want, but if I can't do it--that's the bottom line. I can't = I won't.

But at the very least, I'd like to learn to let go and try.

I hope, regardless, that you give yourself a lot of time to write those poems and stories. :hugs:

- Christina

- Money. I was thinking on the smaller scale, but since Eve mentioned it, the lottery would be pretty nice!

- A place of my own again.

- Decreased anxiety (In fantasy land, banish it for good).

- New friends. Not just people to pass time with, but real friends.

- To complete the story I'm working on and have it at least be novella length. Also, I'd like for it to be GOOD and for me to feel happy with it.

- A romance with someone who has a beautiful mind and a good heart.

I think most of those things, are things that I can work towards.

~ Christina