A Riddle From The Op To Cure Anhedonia

itstrevor

Hello,

I'm the OP who started the anhedonia thread and the subforum. There are many ways to look at anhedonia, but essentially it is losing the part of you that is connected to meaning, purpose, and love - among other things. A spiritual way to look at it is that there is a dark energy - a shadow - inside of you that wants to control you. That shadow is fear of uncertainty and the path that lies ahead of you. Normally, this shadow energy can be dispelled easily, but sometimes it is more insidious and comes on slowly or tricks you - and then it has control and you can't overpower it alone (or even sometimes with other people). In this type of situation you have to defeat the shadow energy that leeches your emotional energy (causing you to feel nothing) and that is preventing you from fulfilling your true purpose, but you can't. Not all psychological problems are like this, but the nature of this one is unique.

Only you can defeat it, but you don't have the power to overcome it because that shadow has become a part of you and is infused with you, so in attacking it you are now attacking yourself. So it seems hopeless. Another way to look at it is an endless though loop that exists in your subconscious, or an "overactive part of the brain." Overanalyzing is this shadow's attempts at hiding from the future and getting rid of uncertainty, but in reality it really makes things worse. There are ways to BIND the shadow, like with certain drugs, but along with binding the shadow, you are also binding yourself in a way - it does not dispell it, and you might notice that you begin to just anger the shadow. There are other drugs that can make the shadow appear to be gone for a small period of time - spells that give you moments of freedom that you have to pay back later - like a loan. These options aren't good long-term solutions.

It seems hopeless, but there is a way to get rid of it. The way the shadow energy got in was through fear and anxiety towards the future - the avoidance of the inevitability of uncertainty. The only way to dispell the shadow now is to counter this with courage, jumping into the unknown, and embracing what lies on the other side of the shadow (faith) . You have to let go and trust in God (fate / the universe). The shadow is overpowering your so you can't see the other side, and you can't use or rely on anybody to control you through this - only you can strike the blow to the shadow - you just need a special tool to allow you to separate from the shadow so that you can **** it and move on - sort of like a sword or a key.

But since you can't rely on anybody else to give you the key (or sword) you have to find it.

What grows in the ground
Seek this key
To open yourself
And help you see
When you do
You'll be set free

Sorry I have to be so mysterious but that's the way that it goes. A lot of this is still a mystery, but this is a good way to look at it.

Edited by itstrevor

itstrevor

Thanks for an interesting, engaging and (yes) mysterious post.  I like the way in which pose a counter -intuitive stance towards anhedonia.  I like it because it invites one to move toward the future rather than resist it. 

May your key open new things inside yourself and the world in which you live.

t

This key I'm referring to may also be a physical object you take that allows you to see inside yourself. It can be a powerful tool to integrate difficult life experiences and finally put them to rest. I hope you solve the riddle - life is a journey!

Edited by itstrevor

Congratulations on sucessfully treating your anhedonia, but your shadowy allegory isn't much help for those with a biophysical brain disorder as opposed to comorbid thought-disordered anxiety (conquering the latter seems to be the point of your riddle).

• 2 weeks later...

Hallucinogens are a powerful tool to unlock the emotions trapped inside.

NSI-189 allows you to feel pleasure/emotional response, but not in the same way as pre anhedonia baseline.

Edited by jaiho

Hallucinogens are a powerful tool to unlock the emotions trapped inside.

NSI-189 allows you to feel pleasure/emotional response, but not in the same way as pre anhedonia baseline.

Explain how NSI-189 works as I'm very curious about this medication. Is it close to before (pre anhedonia baseline) or way off?

• 3 months later...

Trevor, I respect you, and acknowledge your intelligence. But anhedonia is a disease of the brain. Ive had it for 8 months now. I used to wake up in yhe morning feeling deeply rested, so so deeply rested, I would be foggy for an hour and mope around.

Now when I wake up its almost like my brain never shuts off. I wrnt through terrible stress in a short period and my mind never unglued.

Im ****ed. My life is over and honestly.I dont ****ing care. Even when I wad normal life sucked. My fiance was ****ing around behind my back, my landlord was stealing money from me, my a****** father never gave me.100k $ that my grandfather entrusted to me. My brother is an a******.

I'm at a point where I know how this is going to end. Its going to end with me buying a bag of h3roin, and sitting out front of the 'tree of hope'in downtown buffalo, on christmas eve with a needle in my arm. Thats how it's going to end. I cant stand this life.anymore.

Ive been on since birth. Every a****** that on me.in life led to this. All the stress involved with every disappointment, with every lie, every person that let me down. It led to me having a mental breakdown.

So yeah, in a couple weeks, for me, it'll all be over.

Edited by NoMore27

Trevor, I respect you, and acknowledge your intelligence. But anhedonia is a disease of the brain. Ive had it for 8 months now. I used to wake up in yhe morning feeling deeply rested, so so deeply rested, I would be foggy for an hour and mope around.

Now when I wake up its almost like my brain never shuts off. I wrnt through terrible stress in a short period and my mind never unglued.

Im ****ed. My life is over and honestly.I dont ******* care. Even when I wad normal life sucked. My fiance was ******* around behind my back, my landlord was stealing money from me, my a****** father never gave me.100k $ that my grandfather entrusted to me. My brother is an a******.

I'm at a point where I know how this is going to end. Its going to end with me buying a bag of h3roin, and sitting out front of the 'tree of hope'in downtown buffalo, on christmas eve with a needle in my arm. Thats how it's going to end. I cant stand this life.anymore.

Ive been ###### on since birth. Every a****** that ###### on me.in life led to this. All the stress involved with every disappointment, with every lie, every person that let me down. It led to me having a mental breakdown.

So yeah, in a couple weeks, for me, it'll all be over.

maybe before you do this, you need to try this guide http://area1255.blogspot.ru/2015/12/how-to-cure-anhedonia-easy-5-step.html(it was published two days ago)?

• 1 month later...

Im glad to hear you've made it thru this curse. That being said; Im confident there is multiple cause for anhedonia. There are those of us that have no other signs of depression or any other "mental" condition.

If theres different causes then seems to reason that it will take different approaches to clear it up. If a chemical caused it.. a chemical will most likely be the cure.

We all here should know that mental issues are not simply getting in a rut or funk. There is biochemical malfunctions and structural abnormalities at work. Mysticisms wont override those. 

• 4 months later...
On 2/6/2016 at 10:38 AM, been_too_long said:

Im glad to hear you've made it thru this curse. That being said; Im confident there is multiple cause for anhedonia. There are those of us that have no other signs of depression or any other "mental" condition.

If theres different causes then seems to reason that it will take different approaches to clear it up. If a chemical caused it.. a chemical will most likely be the cure.

We all here should know that mental issues are not simply getting in a rut or funk. There is biochemical malfunctions and structural abnormalities at work. Mysticisms wont override those. 

Anhedonia just doesn't come from depression, I got the same symptoms Itistrevor had but mine came from antipsychotic medication.  I've tried like 10 different antipsychotic medications afterwards and they haven't changed my anhedonia so I'm not exactly sure that another chemical will be the cure.