What Do You Do When..

I feel like I didn't really put my point across properly. My fault for not being clearer.

What I mean is, right now, there is literally noone I can talk to about what I'm going through with depression. I wanted ideas on how to cope with it in terms of processing my thoughts or releasing the frustration that comes with people not understanding.

I feel like I didn't really put my point across properly. My fault for not being clearer.

What I mean is, right now, there is literally noone I can talk to about what I'm going through with depression. I wanted ideas on how to cope with it in terms of processing my thoughts or releasing the frustration that comes with people not understanding.

I find writing very therapeutic, even if I never share it with anyone I feel like getting it out of my head and onto paper (or typing it out) helps to process my thoughts and helps to ease the emotions that I had during that time. At times, writing helps when I don't know WHY I'm feeling the way I do and as I continue to write I make discoveries as to what has triggered my feelings. It also may help to find a therapist that is good at helping you process your thoughts.

Coming here and writing about it also helps because there are people here...depressed people that are more than likely going to really understand what you are going through. It really helps to know you really aren't alone in all of this. Some people join a gym, or some sort of physical activity, some people can take up a hobby and get lost in the process of doing "X". It really depends on what works for you.

Best of luck to you!

PS. Welcome to the forums!!