The Quirks Thread - Share Your Quirks

verDominai

i have been looking up how to train a cat to walk on a leash. I love training animals I taught my parents dog to meow say hello roll over, to hop on two legs, to jump in the air,to stay, to ring a bell and to bark I never knew a dog that was so smart and could learn so easily. I taught my there cat a trick to when I lived with them I taught him to meow when I say speak, its so funny because I never knew cats could learn that I crack up every time he does it. Him and the dog make noise at each other to My cat will meow then my dog barks and they keep going back and forth.He also meows anytime you sneeze and I have no idea why.

• 4 weeks later...

I hate eating near a moving ceiling fan.  (I visualize all of the dirt or dust from the fan falling onto my food.)

If I'm eating in the car, I don't like for the music to be on.  I don't know why.

I get kind of angry when someone farts around me, because I imagine that I'm inhaling their airborne poop particles.

Edited by LoneSquirrel

On 18 July 2015 at 11:26 PM, Lady Mozzer said:

Here are some of mine

-Every time I wash my hands I have to wash them two times.

-To make sure the doors are locked I have to turn them 5 times.

-I don't like touching doorknobs.

-I don't like talking on the phone it makes me nervous.(not with my family through)

I share much of these.

I sometimes, not always, but sometimes wash my hands with soap first then with bleach spray if I think my hands have become especially germed up.

I have mild OCD when it comes to locking the front door.

I don't like touching doorknobs, too. Especially those in public toilets.

I don't have a problem talking to people on the phone, but hate leaving answer phone messages.

Additionally,

When I'm watching TV and the adverts come on, I mute them.

I like to look up weird medical illness especially skin disorders. I like to research alot of morbid things how people die from different injuries what happens in the body, natural disasters that could occur government experiments, videos of nuclear weapons testing. Famous people who killed themselves or died in accidents. New technologies in development that are leaked out or not known. i don,t know why but it shocks me when im depressed and I stop thinking about my problems.

I chop up pepperoni and sprinkle it on my chocolate ice cream.

I have maladaptive daydreams and each night before bed, I listen to epic trailer music (brand x music is my favorite) and act out my story including sex and fighting. I can not sleep well unless I do this.

I can't leave the house without my vape kit (helped me kick a 2 pack a day habit of 11 years and the flavors keep getting better).

I hate talking on the phone and ignore most of my calls.

I love to roleplay but I can only play single player games because of my severe anxiety.

In my class, I have a spot to sit. Normally anyone can choose wherever they want to sit but nobody gets to sit at my seat. Yes, it sounds like Sheldon cooper but I love my spot and it gives me comfort. Everyone knows that it's my spot (even the teachers) 

i don't feel comfortable sitting somewhere else

I Google almost every single thing I come across.
I like ketchup on my eggs.
I tend to cry when I see cute dogs.
I ask questions when I don't know what to say.
I bite my nails because of anxiety. 
Sometimes I look at strangers or people I barely know and wonder about their lives and imagine what they do in a day.
I hate interacting with people and have social anxiety but it's different at my job because I feel like I'm playing a role and I don't have to be myself. 

46 minutes ago, luce said:

I hate interacting with people and have social anxiety but it's different at my job because I feel like I'm playing a role and I don't have to be myself. 

Just substitute "job" with "life" and you have described me explicitly..

I squint my right eye a lot.

I touch my face way too many times, both in private and in public.

Pretty much every time that I am not eating or brushing my teeth, I have gum in my mouth.

I crack my knuckles when I get nervous.

I randomly break into yoga stretches when I am standing, sometimes without regard to setting.

I observe people a lot. Sometimes I surprise them and even myself with how much I notice just by looking at them and studying their body language.

I used to always sleep with my body turning to the left. Now I always sleep with my body turned right.

I do not share my laptop. Not for little things, not for big things. When someone asks, "Can I borrow it just for a sec? I need to check something," which happens often, the answer is always no.

• Toilet lid has to be closed
  • I can't sleep without a blanket, even in the summer. It makes me feel secure and comfy.
  • I'm shy and live in an apartment with few floors that if I hear the door opening and closing which means that someone else is in the hallway. I will wait before the person has went, then I open my apartment's front door and go out, LOL. Which won't help with my social anxiety at all...

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, LoneSquirrel said:

I often have to turn the car around and go back home to double check that I've closed the garage door.

Like Wisteria, I also have to sleep with some sort of covering, even if it is just a sheet; it's like a protective force field for me while I sleep.

Hey I do the top one as well, except it's the front door not the garage :hugs:my garage is full of **** so they are doing me a favor if they steal any of it. 

Vampires unfortunately are capable of peeling down the sheets to bite you...

Edited by hocico

12 hours ago, hocico said:

Hey I do the top one as well, except it's the front door not the garage :hugs:my garage is full of **** so they are doing me a favor if they steal any of it. 

Vampires unfortunately are capable of peeling down the sheets to bite you...

But they can't come into your house unless you invite them in, hocico.

Image result for squirrel vampire

I NEVER trust myself to have done things that turn out to have been done -- by me!

I have a friend who used to YAWN through every. telephone. message. she left me!  When I mentioned that it irritated me, she said, "I really don't understand you sometimes." 

Can't stand it when people mispronounce words!!!!!

Hate it when there's a cricket in the basement and I can hear it from the kitchen.  I imagine he/she is trying to line up some dates with his "mating call" and it makes me feel almost physically ill to think of it.  Then again, I don't care for bugs in general.

I watched "Apocalypto" at least 90 times (probably more) when I was on 3-month disability in 2007.  

Can't stand BAD CG effects. 

I have 11 stuffed monkeys and a stuffed bear, and they all have names and birthdays.

I've never dyed my hair or plucked my eyebrows.