Sign in to follow this  
verDominai

The Quirks Thread - Share Your Quirks

oooooh, smells of new stuff!  I like the new shoes, electronics, car *&* tire smells!  Also books.  I think the hardcover ones smell better than the paperbacks.

But some new stuff just reeks.  I had to return a massage table b/c it was emanating pure stank.  I even put it out on the balcony & it was still noxious. I returned that monster. 

I forgot about books. Those are good, too, unless they're musty.

oooooh, smells of new stuff!  I like the new shoes, electronics, car *&* tire smells!  Also books.  I think the hardcover ones smell better than the paperbacks.

But some new stuff just reeks.  I had to return a massage table b/c it was emanating pure stank.  I even put it out on the balcony & it was still noxious. I returned that monster.

I forgot about books. Those are good, too, unless they're musty.

ahhhh the smell of new books mhmmmm

I either feel disconnected, like I'm an alien in a human suit, or like I'm watching a 3D movie of my own life, or I feel everything too strongly.  I live a quiet life in a small rural town, yet when I feel things too strongly, I feel crowded, like I am in the middle of a busy, noisy, crowded street with honking cars and shouting people. 

(that's not what I was originally going to say, btw, I chickened out on the real thing...)

I feel like that all the time to 20years ,I like to dilute my coffee with ice cubes or water,because I hate when its scoldinng hot I like drinking it black to.Sometimes I put rum in me coffee to.

Edited by scienceguy

I'm the quirkiest person I know, but I'm drawing a blank right now. Stage fright. Typical.

I love this thread already, though. It's a riot.

I try to hide my quirks and pretend to be normal IRL, though I know nobody really buys it. Things just get awkward, but I'm too scared now to let people see the real me. I'm extremely sensitive, especially to rejection. I think it all comes out in my characters, though, which are something of a lifeline because I get to live vicariously through them. They're extremely quirky, and in fact, I don't think I'm all that good at creating ordinary characters. As in real life, what I imagine to be an ordinary psyche vaguely frightens me, and I always manage to twist it out of alignment in my stories until the specter of danger feels defused.

Thought of something about me: I feel an indescribable fear when I see a map covering a large, landlocked area, especially one without bodies of water. I can't explain where the fear comes from, but it seems to be a sense of not being able to get my bearings. I feel overwhelmed. I get the same feeling contemplating huge masses. Huge, unending, unbroken, like planet-wide oceans. Not having a marker, a break, a...point of reference?...somehow freaks me out.

Edited by frozen

Sometimes If I need to do my laundry and I don,t have a clean pair of underwear I just don,t wear any underwear,oh and I sleep with a fire extinguisher next to my bed.I also take bugs out of my house with a net and I haven,t ever intentionally killed a bug in my life.

Sometimes when I get home I rip off my clothes and walk around nude I sing in my car sometimes  make faces at people who cut me off or are p***** at me I driver slower,then stick my tongue out make moose antlers with my hands and shake my head from side to side,in my mirror I did this to teenagers that cutmeoff and were trying to drag race me immature yes but o so satisfying.when people ask me my religon I pretend to worship the sun,if they keep asking me about I make up increasingly complex rituals and hoildays.

I sometimes physically flinch when recalling bad memories. I'll shake my head for no apparent reason, trying to disloge the thoughts from my brain.

I do that too.

Or start shivering.

I like to stare at people and admire their features especially if they are of different ethnicity but I think that is too creepy so I'm sorry to anyone who feels creeped out by my staring but daaaaaaang you are one pretty/handsome woman/man and ur features are just so on point I'm jealous

I like wearing black clothing.  People who know me often refer to me in a playful fashion as "Mr. Black" and one friend has said that I will wear any color in the rainbow as long as it is black. 

I love those big huntsman spiders. When I was a kid, I got freaked out by one & wanted to m*rder it & Mum said something like ‘Don’t do that. The poor little thing, he probably has a wife/kids who depend on him & he’s just trying to catch their dinner’. I know that’s bullsh**. I’m betting the huntsman wasn’t even there at the births (b*stard). But I can’t look at a huntsman now without thinking of a poor, beleaguered, henpecked spider-dad trying to feed his starving kids & make ends meet. 

I can relate to so many of these!

- I hate wearing socks. Always have. They're the first things to come off as soon as I come in the door. Slippers, however, are ok.

- I am terrified of having people sneak up on me. So much so that I always try to sit with my back against a wall in a public place.

- I am beyond friendly and social at work, although I am a complete introvert IRL.

- I am also extremely take charge and assertive at work but completely passive at home.

- I am terrified when people ask me to make decisions. I get completely panicked and often start crying.

- I am obsessively organized at work, yet at home I'm a borderline hoarder.

- I have an irrational love of oddly-shaped stuffed animals. For example, I have a round stuffed moose and a square stuffed cow that I must sleep with. I even take them to my parents' house when I go for a visit.

- I do not like to make meals for myself, therefore I do not cook. Instead I snack all day.

- I love to bake, but I will not eat it. Instead I prefer to give my baking to other people.

I know there are more, but this is all I can think of for now.

I like to stare at people and admire their features especially if they are of different ethnicity but I think that is too creepy so I'm sorry to anyone who feels creeped out by my staring but daaaaaaang you are one pretty/handsome woman/man and ur features are just so on point I'm jealous

I delivered a package to the post office yesterday and there was this beautiful Middle-Eastern/Asian-looking woman at the counter, the look I would call the absolute 10/10, asdafaf I was like trying to look everywhere else because if I looked at her I would just go into this trance and kind of stare, but it's awkward looking away so I had to keep looking because you don't look at the wall while having a conversation and I just, I must have seemed so awkward

Just end me now~

.... I'm Norwegian (though my username might have you thinking I'm Spanish ;) ) and I find that because I've spent so much time online and so little talking to people in my native tongue, when I do speak Norwegian I kind of construct the sentences in English in my head and then translate them to Norwegian before saying them. I'm so used to using English that it's become an automatic thing.

That's strange because I do the exact opposite thing! I'm learning Norwegian, and after every sentence I say I have to stop and say it to myself in Norwegian as well. Well, the words that I know anyway. I'm sure it makes me space out and look like I'm not paying attention but I just can't stop myself.

I delivered a package to the post office yesterday and there was this beautiful Middle-Eastern/Asian-looking woman at the counter, the look I would call the absolute 10/10, asdafaf I was like trying to look everywhere else because if I looked at her I would just go into this trance and kind of stare, but it's awkward looking away so I had to keep looking because you don't look at the wall while having a conversation and I just, I must have seemed so awkward

Just end me now~

Señor - I read somewhere (research article) that the compulsion to stare at someone can happen with people who have perfectly proportioned faces. Apparently everyone's perception of 'perfect proportioning' is hard-wired (i.e. instinctive), but only in terms of where on the face the eyes, nose & mouth sit (absolutely nothing to do with race, shape, texture etc). I read that if you see someone who has perfect proportioning, you can go into a sort of trance like state. N.b. perfect proportioning also doesn't necessarily equate to 'beauty' (i.e. it could make someone look like a robot & doesn't necessarily add attractiveness/ charisma).

It's happened to me before. With males & females & I really didn't fancy them. I just went into a trance-like state staring at their facial structure, & it was really hard to look away. 

I like heavy dress overcoats.  I think their technical name is "great coat."  They are the kind of overcoat you would wear with a suit.  They are made of wool.  I have three black ones. 

I like heavy dress overcoats.  I think their technical name is "great coat."  They are the kind of overcoat you would wear with a suit.  They are made of wool.  I have three black ones. 

I've always loved those myself. :) Not sure why, exactly, but they feel like a kind of protection. I have just one, a full-length number that wraps me all the way to my ankles. Not sure if it's really a great coat, though, because it's waterproof. Can't believe now how much I paid for it (years ago before college when I had some money), but I really loved how it looked and felt.

I prefer writing longhand, at least for creative writing, even though typing is so much faster. This is a carryover from my younger days when I owned no computer, and didn't feel quite comfortable without a pen in hand.

I don't have a smartphone.

I don't have a Facebook (and generally dislike Facebook).

Sign in to follow this