How Do You Spend You Weekends?

My weekends are lonely and depressing. For some reason, I am happy to have blocked off all contact from everyone, and to just spend the night surfing the internet alone while eating restaurant food. But it's not a healthy way for me to live, because I have almost no social life and we are not designed to be this alone and isolated. My lack of desire for anything more is making me unhealthy.

Edited by The_Unwanted

If you have absolutely nothing to do all weekend, having a weekend job could help take your mind off things and being lonely. If you have things to do over the weekend, then it stands to reason that those are the things you should be doing. Haha. But seriously, I've been working weekends since 2013. My "weekends" are usually Wednesdays and Thursdays, but I know that most people I know are working those days, so I am not missing out on much. And on weekends, when most people do fun things, well, at least I am making money. 

I'm a teacher, so I'm off in the summer.  Weekdays and weekends tend to blend together.  During the school year, I try to get things done like laundry, cleaning, and spending some time crocheting or reading.  When my kids were younger, it seemed my weekends were busy and not lonely.  Now, my weekends are pretty lonely (my husband works a lot).

When I was living alone I used to go out if there were some events going on like fares, marathons etc. , going to movies or theatre by myself, because I had nobody to go with, I still had lots of fun, so I didn't care too much about that fact. I used to play a lot of video games and play on my guitar. I still do all these things, just not alone anymore.

I volunteered in a charity shop.I only did a half day and that turned into me running the shop one day a weekend.I am not a very sociable girl in real life,but I forced myself to do it and I loved it.Sadly when I started studying I had to quit.I also watch movies, took myself for walks or to the gym.I also used to take myself on mini breaks to new cities, stay in a nice hotel, pamper myself and do some touristy stuff.

I use to volunteer every weekend but I felt worse when I did it I usually try to do anything I can to distract myself from my problems I go to the library sometimes or hiking or play tennis with my aunt in uncle I like to read a lot to.I liked to get drunk the whole weekend and listen to music bymyself but I had to stop doing that because it was turning into a daily event.

Edited by scienceguy

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on how I feel and how others around me are feeling. Alot of stuff goes on in my community and I can wander around and blend into the crowd, but still feel like I'm kind of a part of something, without putting too much effort into it.