Not a lot, I had been walking back from the grocery store and was thinking about how things are for me and then I kept thinking I don't have any close friends or close family what if I didn't exist?  Not that I have ever really considered this, I have in the past been used for my knowledge and couldn't get anything for helping others even though I was struggling and they weren't.  I stopped all volunteering and I haven't driven anywhere because the cost of gas is too high.  On my way back from the store, I was almost to my apartment building when someone said "Do you need a ride"?  I answered no and said I live just here and I thought it was nice it was the first time someone had gone out of their way for me.

That WAS nice!

What if you didn't exist?  Somebody would know.  Somebody would care.

I've had dysthymia since childhood, and have really suffered from depression off and on since I was forty-three.  I live alone - parents both deceased, only a half-brother 1000 miles away, a couple-three cousins, a few friends.  I don't kid myself that their lives would be shaken if I were gone, but they'd miss me a little.  And the people that know of my struggle would be sorry that as a society, we'd all failed in seeing that an otherwise productive member wasn't able to reach his potential because of an abusive father, bullying, mental illness, and so forth.

Not a big deal, but I keep going.  I know that my depression is all in my head, and I fight it as best I can.  And someday, even though I will always abhor the fact that I've not had a really happy fifty-six years so far, maybe something will change for the better if my attitude allows it.

Anyway at rock bottom, I pay taxes and exhale CO2 for the plants!

Take care - thanks for reaching out to us here on DF - it's a great first step.

I'm slightly disabled and try to find work and its hard.  I can't do heavy lifting or stand for long periods.  Not here but a couple of people suggested I move to a larger center for more work and supports but if you have a hard time struggling with what money you get how can you move?  I do what I can but when you want to work and know that if you could get minimum wage you would make more than on disability you begin to wonder.  Anyway I keep plugging away and hope for something before I lose my car, as I need it to get to my doctor.

Welcome to the forums, genealogymaster.

These forums are a wonderful place to "write" out your feelings, vent your frustrations and make connections with others that can understand what you're going through. I have found the more you put into participating, the more you get out of it. There are truly some wonderful people here.

I hope you'll stick around and make yourself at home.

Take care of you.