Sign in to follow this  
PsychT1987

Been Feeling Low Maybe Some Hope

Hi, lately been down, lost, and losing hope. Work schedule is having a major effect on my mental health with the lack of consistency, ever changing hour's, and never set schedule.

In addition to, having at times too many day's off...work three day's off five day's or work five day's off for five day's. With time off I just want to withdraw myself from the world and then overwhelm myself with negative thoughts/thoughts to take my life.

However, hoping to change it. It is a bit stressful a lot is riding on this new job prospect. Hoping to be transfered to a night job closer to home with my company working full time.

That would allow me to have a consistent work schedule. Time to return to college. More income to pay off bill's and possibly indulge on activities to keep my mind preoccupied.

Thinking will help with my mind is planning to join the YMCA and maybe a running/swimming club to socialize with people. A nursing student club at my community college or/and hiking club. Hope to get involved in some volunteer opportunities with my church.

Maybe pick up an on call second job.

Fiancé is starting nursing school in the fall so time together will be limited. However, we planned up until October to camp one weekend a month. Hoping to make another weekend trip to Cape Cod again. Also planning on going country/line dancing once a month. Also up to November planning to hike every other weekend.

Also looking probably to learn a language and maybe do paint by number/work on book writing. Definitely going to read more hopefully watch less of TV.

Planning to save up to fix and buy my car. Save up for the wedding and save up for a place to rent.

It's a bit nerve-racking everything hinges on whether or not I get this job transfer, stressful.

Hi PsychT,

Your work situation sounds very stressful to me.  I'm not sure I could handle it myself.  Hopefully you will get the job transfer.  I think people under-estimate the negative power of work-stress.  It was work stress that landed me in a psychiatric hospital once.  I felt so drained, unfulfilled, frustrated and trapped.   You must be a very strong and brave person to hold up under the pressure of a job where everything is so distressingly fluid:  work schedule, hours, inconsistent work environment.  Sounds like a situation where one would be forced to try to balance on a pile of jello.  Yikes!  I imagine that involves inconsistent people in the environment too.  It sounds to me like you are doing everything in your power to cope with all this.  It seems very wise to me that you are proactively exercising control of your non-work time.  I have always found that to be helpful to me personally.  Please keep us all posted on how things are going for you.  I'm sending good thoughts your way and will keep you in my thoughts and hopes!

Best to you PsychT!              Epictetus

Yeah schedule is tough especially when trying to respond to depression...deal with the mundane of being yelled at and surrounded by people dealing with similar mental health issue's.

Normally a day shift ruins exercise as I leave at 6 in the morning up around 5. Leave work at 330 come home depending on traffic by 430. From there bathroom break and walk the dog. Then laundry if has to be done only have a few set's of scrubs, can't afford new pair yet. From there I make dinner, breakfast/lunch for next shift. By then it's 6 o clock either I exercise, see my fiancé, or just too exhausted to exercise.