Sign in to follow this  
PsychT1987

Inconsistent Work Schedule And Work Issue's With Depression

Wondering if anyone has ever dealt with depression due to work schedule. Past few year's always had a set schedule knowing what shifts and what day I be working.

However, with my new job I the first four week's worked Monday through Friday with set shifts. Then next six week's was pretty consistent with day's off and shift working.

With my new schedule past few week's been working random day's and mix of day's/evening's. Been working three day's some week, four day's, five day's.

I feel guilty complaining like this regarding work. However, the inconsistency causes my depression to flare up.

For some reason I miss work night's. I actually felt healthier working night's. Working day's is a struggle some reason the morning is the worst point of my depression get better has day goes on.

Add in guilt of not working enough not feeling a team player. Difficulty knowing what going to make bi week with schedule being all over the place tough to keep track. I applied to a night job, but depressed I probably won't get the job due to being new and add in worrying how my boss will react when finds put applied for a transfer.

Also job is bit stressful because I work in psych. So deal with a lot of people dealing with issue's similar to mind so constantly reminded of ny issue's and being yelled at random times through out the day wears you down.

I worked in a in as a pharmacy tech, I only lasted 8 months.  My hours and days were always different, it was highly stressful dealing with customers.  Between that and my dog dying I ended up having a breakdown and ended up in a psych hospital.  That happened back in 2008 and I still haven't fully recovered.  Actually at the present moment I'm doing horrible.  I haven't been able to work since then.  I feel such guilt not working and helping out with the bills and such.  I have real doubt that I can ever pull myself out of this.  

I think a lot of people who work shift and have a MI find it difficult.  But that doesn't mean it's not possible that it can work out ok.  Just take care of yourself and keep a close eye on how you're feeling.

Michele

Sorry to hear thing's cab improve I know you can do it. Animals are amazing any more pets with you now?

I enjoy night shifts the most. Just been use to working second and third shift without rotation for awhile. Rotation really causes me to be a bit out of whack.

Well I hope you can get night shift work.

Yes we got a puppy about 7 months after my dog died.  Looking back, it was too soon, I had a really hard time dealing with her.  But now I love her and wouldn't trade her for anything.  She's almost 7 years old already.  Time flies.

Michele