Room 101 - Choose 3 Things To Erase Forever

Mark250

For those who don't know, there is a British TV show called Room 101, (inspired from the book 1984), where celebrities are invited on to choose and talk about 3, (personal to them), things that they would put into Room 101 to be erased from existence. 

What 3 things would you choose?

Note: your 3 choices need to be personal to you. Things like cancer and global warming are universal. 

To start, my 3 are: 

• Advertising
  • Michael Bay
  • being interrupted. 

I was going to put down my depression, social anxiety, and traumatic childhood events but I suppose those get counted as universal?

If that's the case, then...

• clutter

• wilful ignorance (i.e. people consciously choosing to *stay* ignorant)

• perfectionism

(btw wow that's a cold way to reference 1984, though the show Big Brother is still worse)

Edited by sabishikunaru

I was going to put down my depression, social anxiety, and traumatic childhood events but I suppose those get counted as universal?

• clutter

• perfectionism

(btw wow that's a cold way to reference 1984, though the show Big Brother is still worse)

I guess it's a cold reference, but it's a very cold book. I know what you mean abut wilful ignorance. 'Ignorance is bliss', the saying goes. 

• clutter

• perfectionism

I guess it's a cold reference, but it's a very cold book. I know what you mean abut wilful ignorance. 'Ignorance is bliss', the saying goes. 

Yes it is, but it also relied on its reader having a sense of compassion and believing in justice. As prescient as his book was, even Orwell didn't try to make room 101 sound cute enough to be discussed by the masses. If I recall correctly, that was only pulled off with the "Big Brother" concept itself, within the book.

That some people wilfully choose to remain ignorant (of important matters), or worse -- to force others to remain ignorant through no choice of their own -- saddens me more than I can describe.

1. Certain career choices.

3 specific financial decisions made in the last 6 years.

Slow drivers in the left lane (here in the US) with no one in front of them, talking or texting on their phone, or just with their heads completely inserted in their ass and oblivious to the rest of traffic on the road.  

That is a really difficult question because I actually wanted to say hunger, war and cancer. To me those 3 are the most important things to get rid of.

Anyways on a personal level I would say..

1) My stress about money

2) My lack of confidence when it comes to dating and things like that

3) My intolerance to certain types of food

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...