What Do You Watch To Make You Happy?

• 2 weeks later...

When I need to make myself happy I look for comedy and sometimes cartoons.  Has to be clean comedy though.  I do have an episode of Spongebob Squarepants that I watch if I'm really low.  Have it on DVD for emergencies.  It's the F.U.N. episode.  That song always makes me laugh.

Modern family

The golden girls

Big bang theory

i absolutely love the Golden Girls. I'm so thankful for reruns, that show is one of a kind.

I watch Golden Girls, Big Bang Theory, I love Lucy, sometimes I watch funny animal videos on youtube and most recently, the WWF Diva's... I wish I was as hot and bad ass as those girls. lol

My dad gave me a boatload of blind samurai movies he found while he was cleaning up. I've been watching them in order. Yeah, they're all the same: blind samurai walks into town and makes a couple friends then defeats the evil boss who is making everyone's lives Hell. But there's a sort of, um, serenity(?) in that.

I watch mostly comedies because laughing cheers me up and helps me feel better.

-Big Bang theory

-Seinfeld (I love this show)

-stand up comedy like Russell peters, Louis ck, Ricky gervaus

-the old Simpsons episodes

I also like watching true crime stuff and the reality shows about fishing or other nature stuff

I like basketball.  NBA, WNBA, other basketball - any basketball!  I also like comedies where the humour isn't mean.  If it's mean or sad, that won't work for me.  & the news is not it either! 

There is always youtube for a dose of sweet pet videos.  If I am feeling more together, there are also some nice short guided meditation videos with a very positive vibe.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really know what makes me happy, but these series really do catch my attention and excite me and make me forget about my depression for a while.

Game of Thrones 
Orange is the New Black 
House of Cards 
Shameless (US)

Some other shows that I watch that don't really catch my attention like the ones above but I do like and act like a soothing wallpaper: 

Grey's Anatomy (earlier seasons were awesome, but lately it turned into a wallpaper-show) 
Gilmore Girls 
True Blood 
Hell's Kitchen 
America's Next Top Model 
Project Runway 

I also enjoy watching Modern Family, and that actually might make me happy-ish, because my boyfriend always laughs so loudly at the jokes (to the point of crying) and I love to watch him being happy. 

Kagaku Ninja Tai Gatchaman

I thought I'd be the only one on here that would say anime. (I haven't seen that one though.) I never grew out of it, haha. I especially like a deeply psychological/thriller/save-the-world style plot with a variety of characters who receive decent development. Some favourites in no particular order:

Juuni Kokki (12 Kingdoms)

Seirei no Moribito (Guardian of the Spirit)

Psycho-Pass 2

Steins;Gate

Edited by sabishikunaru

My favourite Dutch comedy.. Despite is being almost 20 years old and I've seen every episode like a hundred times, it still cracks me up and makes me happy!

Flodder? :P

Haha no, I can't stand that one. Kees & Co is the one I am hooked on, I have seem every episode at least 20 times and I still love it.

Visual media does't really work for me, and watching comedy alone makes me feel worse!

Sometimes certain songs, but not lately.

I watch the sky.  Does that count?  Or I can spend a long time watching an insect walk across the room.  Watching my cats sleep was always delightful.  

I really like playing retro video games.  Like fifth and sixth generation console gaming.  Original Nintendo, Super Nintendo, PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 2. When I was a kid and something bad happen or I was sad. My mother would take me to the video rental store "back when that kind of thing was big" and she rent me out whatever I wanted. Those old games brings me back to that place in my childhood. As a neurotic adult I gravitate to those old games still. Many things have changed in my life but this has remain one of those undying milestone in my memory. Still enjoy it : )

My favourite Dutch comedy.. Despite is being almost 20 years old and I've seen every episode like a hundred times, it still cracks me up and makes me happy!

Haha no, I can't stand that one. Kees & Co is the one I am hooked on, I have seem every episode at least 20 times and I still love it.

Have never heard of it!! Will check it out. 

Have never heard of it!! Will check it out.
You should! First 5 seasons are the best, the rest sucks because my favourite character has died then.

• 2 weeks later...