Sign in to follow this  
Readytothrowinthetowel

What I Would Like To Find.

I'm sorry you haven't been able to find anything! The only resource I know (US-specific, unfortunately) is that NAMI has some support groups locally...but you've probably already tried that.

yes check out support groups.

often they are free.

i have had good experiences.

hope the best for you - finding a safe place in a community of others who understand can be a valuable part of health.

I've been thinking about this as well. I would like to join a support group in "meat space" but They seem to be few and far between outside major cities. I'm thinking about starting my own.

http://www.dbsalliance.org/site/PageServer?pagename=peer_start_group

http://www.everydayhealth.com/health-report/major-depression-resource-center/start-depression-support-group.aspx

Necessity is the mother of invention, after all.

Peace and love

Ready, that's the trouble with real life. you have to live around certain people who would know your ‘faults‘ and not understand. i only talk about my depression. on websites now. the stigma in real life is very hard to deal with. its a shame, it would be nice to meet up with people i can identify with. i find if I do meet with other depressives in real life, we can't really talk about it.we are to aware of the stigma in society. we can't even trust each other. I hate the stigma.until society changes(which will probably be a long time if ever) you can always talk on here. there seems to be some good people on here.

Why don't I well time no confidence afraid of ceartin people knowing my faults. I could go on all day

Depression isn't really a fault. But I understand what you are saying. Society does have a way to go in understanding it. It can be embarrassing. 

We're here for you. So feel free to dump on us when you need to. We get it. 

Peace and love

The truth is, as much as I hate to admit it, I would probably never go to a depression or mental heal support group in person.

Df offers me a lot of support but without the battle of anxiety.