Just Flat...

mellabella

Do u ever think well I'm a bit down most of the time anyway I might as well do something good with my time on earth. I'm not so sepressed I'm suicidal or not functioning I'm just flat... I can enjoy things & get distracted but I usually return to feeling just a bit down. Maybe this is as good as it will get for me & I just need to make the best of it. I love my job, I'm healthy & have some good friends. I'd like a partner but maybe tha will come one day. It's better than crying every night & wishing I was dead. Just doing my best with what I've got really.

Hi mellabella,

I think that is generally a good way to look at life.  I think that the ideal is to do what you can with what you have, and to seek happiness within that reality.  I personally believe that's the only way to live happily in the present moment, instead of always looking forward to the elusive someday.  This acceptance is feeling satisfied, but I don't think it's necessary to think that "this is as good as it will get for me."  We can consolidate a daily contentment with an optimism toward the future.  I think a better mantra is "this is as good as it can be right now," but I will strive to make each one better than its predecessor.  We don't know what the future holds, so we should refrain from trying to write it prematurely.  Let it come organically while taking good care of yourself.  Like you said, maybe a partner will come along.  Maybe that will put some definition into your flatness.  

Maybe this is not nearly as good as it will get for you.

Thanks Poetic Prose. I teared up a little but reading that. I'm only 28 but I sometimes try to figure out how to cope with things in the future like being single & getting old etc before they've even happened. I find it hard to cope with the future being unknown & out of my control. I like the mantra u suggested.

I'm sorry you're feeling like this.  It's not your fault.

I once had a therapist who said, "I've never had a patient tell me, `I'm really glad I worried about that. Worrying made it better.`"

I agree with Poetic.  You can't predict the future. Try to live in the moment. Enjoy the here and now as much as you can.  Looking forward isn't productive if it's bringing you down.

Try to be happy in yourself and love yourself. Don't look to a partner to give happiness to you. You're worth your own love.

I've been where you are now. It can get better. Perhaps you can speak with your doctor and find a therapist. Therapy can help make you feel better and medication works for a majority of patients.  Don't give up. It can get better.

Peace and love

Mella,

I feel pretty flat at times. I don't have an cure-alls. I will say I do agree with trying to do your best with your time here/what ya got. I find I'm most at peace when I'm doing something selfless for others. I hope you are able to get outta flat soon and ascend into something greater feeling. Love & Light.

Drew~

Thanks guys. I have been really focusing on being 'in the present' the last few days & that is helping. I'm starting to realise I can't control the future I can only live today & that's scary but also kinda freeing. So grateful to be able to share this with u guys tho ur support means a lot to me.

Thanks guys. I have been really focusing on being 'in the present' the last few days & that is helping. I'm starting to realise I can't control the future I can only live today & that's scary but also kinda freeing. So grateful to be able to share this with u guys tho ur support means a lot to me.

That's an excellent attitude. You cannot control the future. You've made my day  :Coopclapping: