Pretty Much Sorted My Anhedonia

jaiho

• 3 weeks later...

Some anecdotes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/2f6x7n/can_anyone_clarify_what_they_mean_when_they_say/

"Over the years I've become less sensitive to emotions. You know when you go watch a movie and you feel moved? With NSI, now it feels like this kind of emotivity is back. It feels like we are talking about real human beings when talking about people, not robots. Emotions are real again. I guess the word we are looking for is empathy, maybe even sympathy."

I will also say that i believe phosphate is the best version to take, i think freebase is the reason it stopped working for me.

An update to this. NSI-189 stopped working after 6 months of remission. Though, i changed the source, so either it's the source or ive become tolerant to the drug.

Looking at Parnate + Nortriptyline next.

Could it be jaiho your emotional blunting was caused by ssri plus lsd ? Maybe the lsd made something worse.. I mean nsi neurogensis is suppose to be permanent. Its very wierd a substance like this could just stop working due to tolerance... Tolerance to neurogensis? Maybe you need to target some other brain region where lsd damage is getting worse ? .. I'll be getting nsi from Strangelove ..

An update to this. NSI-189 stopped working after 6 months of remission. Though, i changed the source, so either it's the source or ive become tolerant to the drug.

Looking at Parnate + Nortriptyline next.

Could it be jaiho your emotional blunting was caused by ssri plus lsd ? Maybe the lsd made something worse.. I mean nsi neurogensis is suppose to be permanent. Its very wierd a substance like this could just stop working due to tolerance... Tolerance to neurogensis? Maybe you need to target some other brain region where lsd damage is getting worse ? .. I'll be getting nsi from Strangelove ..

I still reckon it's a finicky substance, ive had 100% success rate with phosphate salt. the freebase has been touch and go, only working when ceretropic sold it, teamtlr's didnt , nor did strangeloves.

So ill try phosphate again.

Another thing, i smoke illegal drug, and also when i added the lsd + ssri perhaps that caused it to stop working

Why do u guys have to do It man... I mean if something is working why not just leave it alone and let I work.

Here I am talking to 3 people. One is saying nsi 189 worked well for post celexa apathy but when he ran out he tried phenibut and it worked good for a month. Then tolerance developed and his emotional blunting got worse and when he tried again nsi I didn't work.. Other guy told nsi worked 7/10 for prozac apathy but the same story he ran out and went ahead and started taking garden shrub plus mushroom and after that nsi is not working well enough for him..

I don't know why do u guys have to try and experiment with these lsd and something.. Now maybe nsi is not working because these herbs may have brough changes to other part of the brain which nsi doesn't work on..

Ceretropics don't sell nsi anymore . Maybe I'll try nsi phosphate and hopefully if it works I wont mess around with street drugs when I run out :p

i did ssri + tca after nsi stopped working, and i was doing occasional LSD & Mushrooms while on NSI, and it was great, because i love those substances.

It went to when i missed LSD while on ssri + tca, and tried it on that combo.

There's no interaction according to the literature, just lesser effects. I didn't like it at all, and i was extra emotionally numb for some time after that.

here's hoping nsi will work again. it really is the best thing ive tried for anhedonia

Is anyone still on moclobemide? I can't stop thinking about going back on it and trying it again, I never got past 150mg a day. I still have hundreds of moclobemide pills left over. Right now I'm on vortioxetine and vyvanse, doing just ok, not bad at all but I worry about long term being on this combo... I felt positive effects from moclobemide but I never stuck with it.

If I decide to switch back, ill need to do a 2 week washout period..

Decisions decisions...

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome

He writes of Polish Greetings to all forum users

Anhedonia suffer for a long time, for many years I used a lot of drugs based on feedback uptake of serotonin which only worsened my condition. The reason anhedonia is a deficit of dopamine and endorphins in the brain's reward system. Drugs that may be effective in the treatment of anhedonia is primarily dopamine agonists, naltrexone, tianeptine, bupropion, mirtazapine, selegiline. Currently, several days take selegiline at a dose of 10 mg of mirtazapine and 90 mg. Selegiline as inhibitors of reuptake of dopamine D2 dopamine autoreceptors downregulation lasts usually month. Mirtazapine being inverse agonist, 5HT2c increases the release of dopamine and noradrenaline. I believe that this kit will help me. If this set does not work out I'm going to use tianeptine. The drug acts on opioid receptors responsible for euphoria. In clinical doses, tianeptine upregulate the opioid system in the brain, this results in increased synthesis of endorphins and dopamine. Endorphins regulate the brain's reward system, thus increasing the synthesis of dopamine.

Endorphins regulate the brain's reward system, thus increasing the synthesis of dopamine.

To reward system back to equilibrium beyond the use of medications you need to keep sexual abstinence as the orgasm increases the release of dopamine in the nucleus accumbens, this has the effect that after orgasm falls to about two weeks dopamine levels while increasing prolactin levels. Orgasm kills dopamine. To reward system back to equilibrium should give up all drugs, maintain abstinence for a month and use appropriate drugs that force the body to a greater synthesis of dopamine.

Naltrexone can also be effective in the fight against anhedonia. The brain acting as a chemical defiance after long exposure to naltrexone increases the sensitivity of dopaminergic D2 receptors. The need for a time of about two months. And in this case to drug therapy proven to be effective it is necessary to complete abstinence from pleasant experiences for at least a month.

So you have to meet the two conditions need to come out of anhedonia -after the first periodic abstinence from all pleasures (No sex, no drugs) and drug treatment based on dopaminergic receptors upregulate.

Greetings

Welcome

Anhedonia suffer for a long time, for many years I used a lot of drugs based on feedback uptake of serotonin which only worsened my condition. The reason anhedonia is a deficit of dopamine and endorphins in the brain's reward system. Drugs that may be effective in the treatment of anhedonia is primarily dopamine agonists, naltrexone, tianeptine, bupropion, mirtazapine, selegiline. Currently, several days take selegiline at a dose of 10 mg of mirtazapine and 90 mg. Selegiline as inhibitors of reuptake of dopamine D2 dopamine autoreceptors downregulation lasts usually month. Mirtazapine being inverse agonist, 5HT2c increases the release of dopamine and noradrenaline. I believe that this kit will help me. If this set does not work out I'm going to use tianeptine. The drug acts on opioid receptors responsible for euphoria. In clinical doses, tianeptine upregulate the opioid system in the brain, this results in increased synthesis of endorphins and dopamine. Endorphins regulate the brain's reward system, thus increasing the synthesis of dopamine.

Endorphins regulate the brain's reward system, thus increasing the synthesis of dopamine.

To reward system back to equilibrium beyond the use of medications you need to keep sexual abstinence as the orgasm increases the release of dopamine in the nucleus accumbens, this has the effect that after orgasm falls to about two weeks dopamine levels while increasing prolactin levels. Orgasm kills dopamine. To reward system back to equilibrium should give up all drugs, maintain abstinence for a month and use appropriate drugs that force the body to a greater synthesis of dopamine.

Naltrexone can also be effective in the fight against anhedonia. The brain acting as a chemical defiance after long exposure to naltrexone increases the sensitivity of dopaminergic D2 receptors. The need for a time of about two months. And in this case to drug therapy proven to be effective it is necessary to complete abstinence from pleasant experiences for at least a month.

So you have to meet the two conditions need to come out of anhedonia -after the first periodic abstinence from all pleasures (No sex, no drugs) and drug treatment based on dopaminergic receptors upregulate.

Greetings

Welcome

Greetings

I'm new to this thread. Im 25, I'm a mother to a 1 yr old, I am too suffering from anhedonia as a result from high stress and anxiety for the past 4 months. Im interested in the theory of Abstinence Of anything pleasurable. Does that only pertain to (sex, drugs,)? Being around family is not pleasureable now,but being by them does give me comfort, listening to music is kind of pleasurable if I tried hard enough to feel it. Are you suggesting people suffering from Anhedonia should stay away from anything pleasurable period, for a months period? While on medication that might help with anhedonia, or stop medication as well and keep away from pleasurable activities?

• 10 months later...
On June 2, 2015 at 10:17 PM, jaiho said:
Advertisement

I would like to explain what works for me. My anhedonia was SSRI induced, either by Zoloft or Fluoxetine.

My baseline Symptoms when unmedicated are - (10 being max, 1 being lowest impact)

No emotions - 10

No Pleasure from activities - 7

PSSD (No libido or sexual pleasure) - 8

Fatigue - 7

Disassociation. - 9

My journey to treating Anhedonia came from Forums, befriending people who are experts in pharmacology, and from other people's experiences.

The biggest impact started when i discovered a compound called NSI-189

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSI-189

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/58442-nsi-189/

"NSI-189 is an experimental drug being studied by Neuralstem, Inc.[1] Research into NSI-189 has been funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for the treatment of major depressive disorder."

Poll results:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/2p49hs/nsi189_poll_results/

Now i was skeptical at the start, as it is currently going through FDA trials, and the risks long term are unknown. However, i weighed up the risk/benefits, considering i can no longer tolerate Anhedonia for much longer so i went for it.

Within 22 days of dosing, 2x 20mg sublingual of freebase NSI-189, i felt emotions again for the first time in years. Music gave me chills, watching fireworks gave me joy, everything felt real again.

The best part of NSI-189 is that it does not affect receptors directly, that we know of. The mechanism of action is still unknown, but we do know it is a potent neurogenesis agent and hippocampus growth agent.

The issue with SSRIs, is that it messes with the brain's equilibrium, it blunts our highs and our lows, and can even leave permanent impacts well after the drug is discontinued. I believe NSI-189 is going to be a hit when it finishes trials and comes on the market.

To try and reverse the damage to receptors / SERT from SSRI use, Saint John's Wort can be used to upregulate 5HT1A, 5HT2A, and the main goal here is to reverse the action of SSRIs. St John's wort can bring back sexual function and emotions via 5HT1A upregulation.

Even though NSI-189 lifted my mood, dropped my disassociation, and brought on emotions, my sexual function was still impaired by SSRI use. St johns wort, or anything with 5HT2C antagonism (Agomelatine) would be helpful for this.

My mood score on NSI-189:

No Emotions - 3

No Pleasure from activities - 3

PSSD - 7

Fatigue - 3

Disassociation - 5

Huge improvement from one compound. I am trialling combinations to bring myself closer to 100%.

Thanks for reading.

Very important info left out. We're you STILL on the SSRIs are just suffering from post-SSRI anhedonia. According to nuerostem and various reports, NSI-189 doesn't bind to serotonin receptors/transporter. Very important, as I'm trying to determine if I can be used during a slow Paxil taper to restore emotions. 

Thanks!

On 10/10/2016 at 6:59 AM, Henosis said:

Very important info left out. We're you STILL on the SSRIs are just suffering from post-SSRI anhedonia. According to nuerostem and various reports, NSI-189 doesn't bind to serotonin receptors/transporter. Very important, as I'm trying to determine if I can be used during a slow Paxil taper to restore emotions. 

Thanks!

Im not sure if Anhedonia is SSRI induced anymore, i used to think that.. But now i think Anhedonia is just a very severe depression, one that's evolved beyond the feeling sadness.

You can use it during SSRI use. I also combined NSI with Moclobemide, an MAOI. I found that a good combo for some time.

I wish i didn't stop it though, or my Anhedonia got worse over time, and i now require a SSRI + TCA combination.

On 10/12/2016 at 7:06 AM, jaiho said:

Im not sure if Anhedonia is SSRI induced anymore, i used to think that.. But now i think Anhedonia is just a very severe depression, one that's evolved beyond the feeling sadness.

You can use it during SSRI use. I also combined NSI with Moclobemide, an MAOI. I found that a good combo for some time.

I wish i didn't stop it though, or my Anhedonia got worse over time, and i now require a SSRI + TCA combination.

my situation is complicated... Anhedonia only occurs during active SSRI (when I'm stuck on and slowly taperin). Wondering how well it would work... may give it a shot.

Thanks!

On 10/12/2016 at 7:06 AM, jaiho said:

• 3 months later...