Sign in to follow this  
sloth

What I Have Constructed For Myself

I feel like at some point around college my life went from mostly normal to "trying too hard" at life to get things that i thoight i wanted. This "trying too hard at life" phase geared up intensely over several years, as I rushed to be severely independent and successful. This burned me out and generated tremendous anxiety, and I have been winding down from it for several years now

It seems that throughout all of this, i have been subconsciously and physically constructing an environment -- my own quiet apartment, my self employed "minimal-effort, maximum-pay" job where I do not have to deal with anyone except myself, my nonexistent social life, etc all to serve just one purpose: to isolate myself in my own comfortable environment so that I can finally lay down in bed, turn off my mind, relax, and do absolutely nothing.

Furthermore, it seems that I have absolutely ZERO desire, energy, or motivation, to move past this, even if I logically agree that it it might be healthier to move forward with new goals or endeavors.

It is like I am so relieved to finally once again feel a shred of security, privacy and calm, and the ability to finally rest and catch my breath, that I just want to sink deep into it forever and never do anything else with my life

There is just no more energy for anything else.

Edited by sloth

You will recoup that lost energy you had in college. Now that it's over, a lot of people take some time out. Do you have your own business that you can do from home? I got that impression from your post. Do you have any interaction with people? It's not good for your mental health to isolate yourself. At least, go our for a walk to get your blood flowing three your brain.

You will recoup that lost energy you had in college. Now that it's over, a lot of people take some time out. Do you have your own business that you can do from home? I got that impression from your post. Do you have any interaction with people? It's not good for your mental health to isolate yourself. At least, go our for a walk to get your blood flowing three your brain.

I agree with Fading light, sounds like you've got the right idea. Can I ask what work you do? I'm looking for that type of job.

Edited by bluetree721

I have an online business. Ebay, amazon, paypal, etc. I buy the inventory online and then turn around and sell it right back online. There was a steep learning curve and some hard work in the beginning but it is pretty easy nowadays. I had a few advantages in the beginning that some people probably might not have, but nothing too significant. Started with a few thousand bucks, my apartment, my computer, a label printer, and a little knowledge about my product.

Edited by sloth