Sign in to follow this  
Lizzy

Singing

*almost blue, it's almost touching...there is a part of me that's always true* -diana krall

*barcelona, where the churches don't have windows but the graveyards do...let me fly* jewel

I heard a duet this morning from 'robert and elizabeth'.  I first heard this when I was 11 but had forgotten over the years: now it's going round my head, it really is a lovely duet.

"I know now, why there are ripples on a stream and why it's wonderful to dream,

"As dreamer's do; why there is music in the air and why it's wondeful to care; that dream is you......... "

:hearts: ''I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden

Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little rain sometime

When you take you gotta give so live and let live and let go oh oh oh oh

I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden

I could promise you things like big diamond rings

But you don't find roses growin' on stalks of glover

So you better think it over

When it's sweet talking you could make it come true

I would give you the world right now on a silver platter

But what would it matter

So smile for a while and let's be jolly love shouldn't be so melancholy

Come along and share the good times while we can

I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden.....

I could sing you a tune and promise you the moon

But if that's what it takes to hold you I'd just as soon let you go

But there's one thing I want you to know

You'd better look before you leap still waters run deep

And there won't always be someone there to pull you out

And you know what I'm talking about

So smile for a while and let's be jolly love shouldn't be so melancholy

Come along and share the good times while we can

I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden........'' (sung by Lynn Anderson)  :bump:

The whole morning in my head....Along with dance turns and stuff. Lol.

not yet..you told me about it and I went looking for it and my library will have to order it in fom another library 'cus they don't have it here (in any library within 2hours drive range)...I'm kind o sad about that  :(  ...

OMG You guys are my SOUL Siblings cause I have music in my head....Going on 4 years now practically straight everyday URRRGGGHH...I used to drive myself crazy over it but i think i just got used to it cause i dont hear it much anymore.  I love music dont get me wrong it just gets annoying.  I dont have the concentration like I used to have when I was younger.

Music makes me numb out and not worry so much if that makes any sense to anyone.  I also wake up to music, dream with music and play music at night so I can sleep (relaxation type).

I have had Manic Monday in my head alot lately does anyone remember this song from the 1980's from the Bangles.

Just another Manic Monday,  Ohhhh OHH  which it where Sunday, that's my Funday,, I dont have to run day, its just another Manic Monday.. OHH  OHH,  

Well you get the jist.  

I fight with my husband in the car alot over the radio cause he like some old folky type music that is really annoying to me and i tell him do you want this to be stuck in my head all day.  I am such a whiner but it is so aggravating at times.

I dont know where it comes from I just think it is from childhood i used to play music constantly to block my mother's yellin out.  Either that or Space aliens implanted a broken record in my Head...LOL ???

Take Care ya all.  Make friends with your music my therapist used to always tell me....HMMM..OKey then.

Melissa :)

Melissa, can I tell you a little secret? I tend to wake up to music literally. I dream loud and mainly beautiful music often just before I wake up. Since- forever. Sometimes I want it to last and I kind of slip back into nap to ''hear'' it some more.  :hearts: Anyone else, or is that plain weird?

Leo

usually I have the opposite problem.  If I wake up with a LOUD song in my head I cant fall back asleep.  If it is a soothing song I can usually fall back asleep.  I guess this is why I have early morning and late night insomnia cause I like

Rock and Roll like Nickelback and other stuff

Your not crazy...you just have a radio in your head like me..LOL :music:

Take care..Melissa

Run just as fast as I can

To the middle of nowhere

To the middle of my frustrated fears

And I swear you're just like a pill

Instead of makin' me better, you keep makin' me

ill

You keep makin' me ill

:music:

Boy, this one has lasted for days now and just won't go away... *shrugs shoulders*

My poor nine year old daughter complains of this at night after she's had music in school.  She lies in bed with these little songs going over and over in her head.  The last one was "Jimmy cracks corn...."  Who wants to be awake with this going over and over again?  I heard that this is commonly referred to as a 'hearing worm'.  Can't beat that as a description!  The way I've taught her to deal with this is to sing it at the top of her lungs....  (Sorry all who live at our house.)  She gets a good laugh from this, and claims it leaves her mind and she is able to sleep.

Give it a try!   You have nothing to loose....... but the annoying song.

Thanks Jkm! I followed your advice yesterday. The song stuck in my head 'till I fell asleep but this morning is better... Now that I thought of it will probably come back...  :(   :)

Your poor baby! I know how awful that is. I've been like that since I was a kid. Except my bigger problem were always things I couldn't remember...Like I gave myself a ''job'' to remember somebody's last name and couldn't and that would keep my awake 'till I'd figure it out...  ???

Sending :hearts: to you and your daughter!

Poor Amy is right.  She couldn't remember one of her new cousins' names and has a frenzy till I called my Mom and got it.  Guess who she takes after.....  Yikes!

It's called having a 'hearing worm', and one way to deal with is to sing the darned song.  The new song Kelly Clarkston has whirls around my beaner.  "Since you've been gone..."  I wish it would be gone.  I just belt it around with the 10yr old.  Amy likes it, too.  Won't be long she'll be in school again, and we'll be belting out 'Jimmy cracks corn, and I don't care', once again.  I could  call the music techer and ask for something a little more popular....   :p    :hearts:

Guest I am Cat

I, myself, recite Dr. Seuss poetry and Edgar Allan Poe poetry!  I go around with poetry and ditties all day long!  It's a constant zoo in here!  What with:

"All the rest of that day on those wild screaming beaches

the fix it up chappy was fixing up SNeeches!

Off again, On again, In again, Out again,

Through the machine they raced round and about again!

Changing their stars! They kept running through until neither the Plain

nor the Star-Belly knew... whether THIS one was THAT one, or THAT one

was THIS one, or WHICH one was WHAT one, or WHAT one was WHO!"

:bump:

How'd you like THAT to be going 'round your head ALL the time?  LOL!

I hear ditties in my sleep!  :shocked:

I even THINK in ditties!  

I HEAR in ditties!

Hell, I even

shed a TEAR in ditties!

Somebody STOP me... Please!

LOL!  GET my point?  :hearts:

:;):

wishing you love and laughter,

Cat

Cat, you beat me too it.  I was going to ask if anyone had lines of poetry going round in their head.  For the longest time, I had snatches of Kipling's poem "If" coming into my mind - trouble being I only knew lines here and there

"If you can keep your head when all about you

are losing their and blaming it on you

da da da

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two imposters both the same

da da da

and so on

The solution to that was to get a copy of the darned poem - which I actually have by my desk.

Recently though I have been going nuts over a poem someone gave me a copy of nearly twenty years ago.  Shadows of lines owuld pass through my mind, I had lost the darn piece of paper a couple of years ago, my friend had no idea where it came from and I couldn't find it anywhere.  Finally  :D I found it on the Internet a couple of days ago.  It is wonderful and I want to share it with you - it is, to me, what Friendship is all about.

WILL YOU BE MY FRIEND?

Will you be my friend?

There are so many reasons why you never should,

I'm sometimes sullen, often shy, acutely sensitive,

My fear erupts as anger, I find it hard to give,

I talk about myself when I'm afraid,

And often spend a day without anything to say,

But I will make you laugh

And love you quite a bit

And hold you when you're sad.

I cry a little almost every day

Because I'm more caring than the strangers ever know,

And if a times, I show my tender side

(The soft and warmer part I hide)

I wonder, Will you be my friend?

A friend

Who far beyond the feebleness of any vow or tie

Will touch the secret place where I am really I,

To know the pain of lips that plead and eyes that weep,

Who will not run away when you find me in the street

Alone and lying mangled by my quota of defeats

But will stop and stay - to tell me of another day

When I was beautiful.

Will you be my friend?

There are so many reasons why you never should:

Often I'm too serious, seldom predictably the same,

Sometimes cold and distant, probably I'll always change,

I bluster and brag, seek attention like a child,

I brood and put, my anger can be wild,

But I will make you laugh

And love you quite a bit

And be near when you're afraid.

I shake a little almost every day

Because I'm more frightened than the strangers ever know

And if at times I show my trembling side

(The anxious, fearful part I hide)

I wonder, Will you be my friend?

A friend

Who, when I fear your closeness, feels me push away

And stubbornly will stay and share what's left on such a day

Who, when no one knows my name or calls me on the phone,

When there's no concern for me - what I have or haven't done

And those I've helped and counted on have, oh so deftly, run,

Who, when there's nothing left but me, stripped of charm and subtlety,

Will nonetheless remain.

Will you be my friend?

For no reason that I know

Except I want you so.

Hopefully it will now stop haunting me!!

Justin from The Darkness has covered Sparks 1980s record [can't remember the name] but I sure can hear the catchy tune - in my head night and day!

It's OK though - it makes a change from talking to myself  :bump::hearts:

Hi everyone,

Music, and audio in general is very powerful. This is because we are forced to imagine or piece it with something in our minds. For example audio effects and ambient music as well as silence in scary movies is key to fear because of what we imagine(or don't imagine) in the suspensive build up. Similarly when we read fiction, we imagine the characters. Humans are hopeless at detecting where a sound is coming from (direction wise, particularly upwards and downwards) so this might explain our imagination with audio.

I nearly always have a song in my head, so do most of my friends and family. Songs in dreams is always fascinating. Someone said something about dreaming of songs they've made up, within the dream. My dad and I do this too. I've come across a few others who do it too. I'm a musician and many a song has come from some silly dream! Ditto with my dad.

Ah, it's a beautiful thing. :hearts:

The worst part of this for me is that I would have a song stuck in my head, or even a small part of one and it would repeat for hours and hours and hours and when I try to stop it, I never succeed. I wish it would stop.

whenever i hear music i choreograph dances in my head, its addictive. and i lose what i'm doing. that probably why i should drive in silence not with the music on! :hearts: