What Do You Say To Someone You Just Met?

Just as the title says what do you say to someone you just met.

I have been single for several months now and I have decided to try to at the very least met people. Tonight I saw a woman I thought was beautiful and my friend went over and talked to her and introduced us. She and I discussed trivialities and we talked about where we were from and what not but that was the extent of it. I felt I should try to sell myself or something along those lines and the conversation stalled then we hugged and parted ways. I wanted to ask for her phone number or at least ask if she was willing for us to get a chance to get to know each other more but I wasn't sure how. I guess I am asking is how do you put that in to words?

First of all, just be yourself. At the end of your visit, you could let the person know you enjoyed their company and would like to keep in touch and get to know each other better. Perhaps friend them on Facebook or other social media if you participate in that type of thing. If they are open to that take it from there. This might be the time to exchange contact details. You can offer to give them yours but don't insist on theirs. If they contact you later, you know the feeling was mutual and maybe a new friendship will begin.

Edited by SufferInSilence

I agree with SufferinSilence, the other thing you could do would be to give them your phone number and say, ,"If you want, shoot me a text sometime."

The other thing you could do since you guys have a mutual friend is ask the friend to give her your number and tell her it was nice meeting her and you'd like to take her for coffee or something sometime.

Best of luck to you!

Definitely agree with the "be yourself" part. You do yourself no favors trying to act some part or sell yourself and then have to try to keep up the façade going forward (which never works). If it is meant to be, then it will work out. Phone number either way would be appropriate.

• 4 weeks later...