Assignment #1: Dear Me

Dear Me: I'm proud of you for standing up to the boss and finally saying what needed to be said. I'm also proud of you for getting out there and dating again. I know you're nervous, but she is too. You'll both be fine. Keep on kicking ass brah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Me: I'm proud of you for standing up to the boss and finally saying what needed to be said. I'm also proud of you for getting out there and dating again. I know you're nervous, but she is too. You'll both be fine. Keep on kicking ass brah! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear You!

I'm proud of you too!! I hope you have a great date!!

Dear me,

I want to tell you that you are doing amazing.

You are working hard in therapy even though you are feeling lost about which direction to go towards in it.

Even though it seems like all you know is pain and anger, you are able to reach out to others and show compassion.

You are showing great restraint with that coworker who is seeming to go out of her way to enrage you, instead of engaging with her, you just pretend it is no big deal and walk away.

Even though you just binged and are feeling terrible about yourself, you are not doing anything destructive, instead you are here trying to deal with it in a healthy way.

I know it feels like there is no way out of the place you find yourself, but, I think it is great that you are starting to try to look towards a future and not just wallow in the past or the here and (blech) now.

Lastly, I am proud of you for pressing the post button and not deleting this because god forbid you have a kind thought about yourself, much less post it where others may see it. :hugs:

Dear me,

You are working hard in therapy even though you are feeling lost about which direction to go towards in it.

Even though it seems like all you know is pain and anger, you are able to reach out to others and show compassion.

You are showing great restraint with that coworker who is seeming to go out of her way to enrage you, instead of engaging with her, you just pretend it is no big deal and walk away.

Even though you just binged and are feeling terrible about yourself, you are not doing anything destructive, instead you are here trying to deal with it in a healthy way.

I know it feels like there is no way out of the place you find yourself, but, I think it is great that you are starting to try to look towards a future and not just wallow in the past or the here and (blech) now.

Lastly, I am proud of you for pressing the post button and not deleting this because god forbid you have a kind thought about yourself, much less post it where others may see it. :hugs:

JaLee,

I'm proud of you as well!! :hugs: You are doing great work and it will pay off in the long run.

To me:

I got out of bed when I woke up, rather than staying in bed for a long time.

I took my daily medicine, vitamins and coffee.  They all improve my mood.

I'm dressed, and ready to go do some errands out in the real world.

I'm happy that I've done all these things.

Dear me,

JaLee,

I'm proud of you as well!! :hugs: You are doing great work and it will pay off in the long run. 

I'm proud of YOU! You're stronger than even you realize.

Dear Me: I'm proud of you for standing up to the boss and finally saying what needed to be said. I'm also proud of you for getting out there and dating again. I know you're nervous, but she is too. You'll both be fine. Keep on kicking ass brah! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear You!

I'm proud of you too!! I hope you have a great date!!

Thanks! Love you too!

Dear Me:

I'm very proud of you for not only making the decision to purchase the expensive, for you, CES device. Not only that but for also treating yourself for 20 days now and pushing yourself to continue to using it. It certainly seems to be helping you.

Lastly, you should be extra happy that you made a new friend.

Great thread - inspirational for me so I might visit on hard days as well for an injection of positivity.

Dear me

Well done on dealing with what felt like personal criticism yesterday and remembering to try using the meditation techniques to do it. You know you can do it again today if you need to.

Dear Me,

Thank you for making yourself a really yummy smoothie.  Well, as yummy as super healthy can be.  Thank you for deciding which way to go with the biopsy and scheduling it so the surgeon will have the results when you go next week instead of stressing about it for a week longer and then going. 

Dear Me,

Yesterday was a busy day. Lots of things at work, lots of things on my mind. Yet you got things done. Therapy session was good. You vented a lot about the current situation in your life. It felt good to get it out. Followed that up by going to the gym. Good workout. And you actually shaved the scruff off your face when you got home.

Despite the heat you got your dog out for a walk. Something he enjoys very much.

So I am proud of you for accomplishing these things today when I know there were points you just wanted to climb back into bed.

Dear Me,

Thank you for asking a friend to go with you for your appointments tomorrow.  I know asking for help is hard for you.  It's good that you're learning that it isn't all about you.  People want to be helpful and being a martyr has never served you well. 

Thank you, too, for not getting defensive when a coworker asked you why you didn't reorder a medication last night.  You handled it well and learned something about how the process should go.  You apologized to him for his frustration over having to place the order and wait for it's arrival to administer it.  The medication was an inhaler, which, without a counter on it, you can't tell it's empty, but the process is to check the date on the boxes and reorder them a few days before they're ready to run out.  You didn't know this, so you recognize this isn't something you need to feel stupid about.  Yes to the shrinkage of intellectual pride that would have had you feeling disproportionately inadequate.  You also knew this person was sending the group mail to the whole department, including the DON, because he wants to make you look bad.  It certainly isn't a big deal and could have been addressed between the two of us.  But, still, you didn't take that personally.  He does this to everyone and so why should you think he won't do it to you, too.  Anyway, your boss, a smart lady if a bit harsh, pointed out to him that this wasn't one person's problem.  She told the group of us that if this med ran out today it should have been ordered two or three days ago.  There are only four of us so each person has worked and could have ordered that med.  No one else responded to the text, therefor no one took responsibility for their part in the problem, except you.  It is huge growth on your part to not point that out to anyone.  Just a simple acknowledgement in your part of the error and move forward. 

Thank you for renting two comedies to watch today.  Your favorites are dramas, but you felt like some cheering up would be good for the soul today.

All in all you treated yourself well.

Dear Me,

Stop thinking it was all your fault. You both made mistakes and you both share responsibility for it falling apart.

You've made peace with her and now it's time to move on. No, really, this time it will actually happen.

Trust yourself.

Bravo! :hugs: Wishing you the best SongsofINF

Dear JaLee,

I know you hurt and that you are scared but really, if you hadn't have been being goofy you would not have busted your stitches out. Sigh. I know you feel like an ***** and that you are beating yourself up but stop it. Yes it hurts but it will be fine. I know you can't move as easily but it will heal soon enough and you will be fine, you had your self pity wallowing day now it is time to get along.

Also, why is it you complain about working out, but, when you asked the doctor if you could still exercise and was told no, it suddenly became the best thing ever? Take the week off, you are still working, although being very restricted, so it isn't like you aren't doing anything at all. And why would it be a big deal if you vegged out for a few days? Stop feeling like you are screwing up every minute of every day, you are fine.

P.S. Good job on telling your boss what was being said about you and asking to be trained by a different person, it took courage.

Dear me; please be patient with yourself. Whatever disappointments you've had, there is a healthy way to feel and heal ... and an unhealthy way. Do not hurt yourself or others further by acting out unresolved anger, even in a non-verbal way. Save that for your counseling session or a trusted friend. Soon you'll be able to shake the dust off your feet.

Dear me,

I might be able to admit I've been too hard on you. It's hard to say that my expectations might be unrealistic.

I'm going to say 'Good for you' for being able to say that much even; three or four years ago, it wouldn't have

occurred to you that your expectations had little basis in reality. 

Dear Me:

While there have been things that could have easily set you back this week, I have seen progress. For that alone, I am proud of you.

I'm also thrilled that you have applied for 2 jobs that you could see yourself in and your letter of interest for both jobs was phenomenal. You are a resourceful biotch.

If I could give you any advice at this very moment it would be:  You are the ONLY one standing in your own way. You can do this. Learn to trust yourself again. Have a bad day, brush it off and keep on moving... forward. The past is in the past for a reason. Don't go back there. You are not the same person, you are better. Stay in the now. Stay present. Immerse yourself in laughter. Find joy in the little things. Take care of yourself because no one is going to do that for you.

With love,

Me.

Dear Me,

So your Boss's Big Boss came down yesterday and said you handled a minor emergency situation 'perfectly.' He had modest but glowing words for you.

It's okay. You're going to be okay.  You're going to be all right.

So to you, compliments affect you almost like criticism. At least you can see that now. You have realized that compliments cause you the same nervousness as an emotional confrontation, only without the venom you usually reserve for yourself afterwards. 

It's okay to do something right, & it's okay for someone to compliment you when you do.  Being honest about this with yourself will help you adopt a healthier attitude. 

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
grammar

Dear Me~

Try not to get so upset when things don't work out the way you imagined they would.  Not everyone has your best interests, motivation, or your drive to make the world around you better.  Just because you love someone, doesn't mean they HAVE to love you back.  Some people will sink or swim on their own.  You can't save everyone.  Sometimes you're just going to be punished, even if it's for trying to do the right thing but it doesn't mean you should stop doing the right thing.  There are people who love you & think the world of you...those are the ones that matter.