Sign in to follow this  

I feel as though everything i have ever know or thought was important has been wrong. I feel no connection to family or to any person. As long as i can remember i have felt extreemly intimidated in social situations. I have had close friends and feel comfortable around them but when another person or persons is added i feel like a completly different person. All my relationships with women have been me hiding behind the idea i set in there mind that im a nice person untill they finally realize that im not. I cheat and i lie. I use drugs and alcohol to communicate to peers and women. I will avoid social interaction if i am not high or drunk because i always feel as though i have nothing or value to say. I feel i look or sound completly disgusting dispite the compliments i get on my looks or when i am high or drunk how funny i am and charming to women. But honestly its like i am two different people. I need professional help. I was just wondering if anyone out there has felt close to how i feel and has got professional help and had results?

Hi - and welcome to DF.

Professional help will certainly help you sort this out, and by the sound of it, you need to get it sorted out before the drink & drugs start to drag you down with medical problems - beyond your unconfident feelings.

I used to use alcohol to reduce my anxiety, but nowadays I do not need alcohol because I realised that I look better without it. You can too!!!

Best wishes.

Yup, same here, split personality. Had to drink to talk to anyone, especially women. I mean you can talk to other guys about cars and stuff, but casual small talk with women is impossible. Tried for a long time to force myself into social situations to improve my social skills but it didn't help. You'll find a lot of folks on here that seem to have the same problem so you are definitely not alone. Part of the illness for many of us.

Welcome to the forum!