Hi everyone. First time posting here and new to this forum. I just can't shake this feeling of hopelessness and lack of energy and not wanting to do anything but sit on the computer all day. I've been resisting calling my doctor about this issue because I feel like they just think you are a whiner and who isn't depressed nowadays anyway. I've done alot of online tests and they all say that i should consult a professional. I hope to read your stories so that I can make an informed decision about how to move forward and get my life back.

Don't think about seeking help, please DO it. There are many medications now that will help a lot. I wasted many years thinking I could fix it myself, but it's chemistry that makes you feel this way and chemistry can help it. Tons of info and great people here. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks you everyone. I'm glad to be here. Did you all just go to your PCP or did you seek out a therapist/psychologist/psychiatrist on your own? I started with a new doctor in January and had blood tests done because I was sure it was thyroid but tests came back normal. I was honestly hoping there was some "physical" explanation for the constant lethargy/depression. I guess it becomes a problem when it prevents you from functioning normally in the world. I've always felt like something weird is going on in my head because I just can't seem to get it together. I guess now is the time to take that step and I will call my doctor and go from there.