Name is Don.  52 years old.  

Suffered from depression and other stuff my whole life.  Dysthymia is the word for it I guess.  Like many guys my age I never sought treatment until a few years ago.  Tried to handle it myself, you know 'tough it out'...........didn't work!  Tried some meds to no effect, but just started a new one.  I'm crawling out of the worst bout of depression that I've ever experienced, and that brought me here.  Time to talk, though that's difficult for me.  This illness has wasted my life.

Edited by FrostyDon

Hi FrostyDan,

I'm sorry for all your struggles, I'm glad you are finally getting help. The forums are a great place to let all those feelings out and be understood....there are so many of us that get it.

I hope you'll find comfort here at DF.

Take care (((Hugs)))

@FrostyDon - That's good that you're improving, and DF is a great place to help keep that going!!

Hey, FrostyDon - welcome to DF.

Your story echoes mine - I'm a tad older than you.  I wasn't diagnosed until 2001 when I suffered a major breakdown and depressive event during my divorce.

Been treated off and on ever since.  Found a few ways to cope and think about the world only recently.  Have realized that my life until about 2005 or 2006 has been a massive waste.

Can't worry about it now, though.  Only got a few years to build a legacy and try to undo what's been done!  Clock's ticking...

Welcome, again... thanks for your input to the forum!