Sign in to follow this  
Birdmaster

hoarding

You know you have a problem with hoarding when you read or hear about what others hoard and think "oh, cool, I want that!" :shocked:

But other than that I don't think I should get specific lest I validate soeone's hoarding.

Welcome Firefly394

I like what you wrote very much. :wwww:

Trace

I've been suffering from hoarding most of my life, my current house is full and I am falling over things trying to move about.

I didn't see it as a problem until I talked about it with other people suffering from depression at my local mental health charity.

I didn't know it was linked to OCD.

It's impossible for me to throw things away, I have tried to have clearout days, but they never happen as I always find something else to do.

I'm not sure if I feel comfortable asking my GP for help, as it seems a bit odd to ask for help with this.

Has anybody out there asked for help from their GP?

I've been to see my doctor and he has referred me.

I've got an appointment in 2 weeks at the hospital.

I was just reading through the rest of this thread and saw posts from myself from 3 years ago. :shocked:

Edited by Made_in_Britain

I'm also trying to deal with this issue. Whenever I get to clear things, all i do is rearrange things or resort them.. but most of the time have difficulty throwing things away.

I end up keeping back the things, but arranging them neatly and wiping the surfaces (cupboard) of dust.

I have ocpd. Recently started taking Clomipramine (Anafranil/Depranil). Hoping it'll start working soon.

I never thought of it in a sense of hoarding.............

I have an obsession with cleaning products (house, clothes, and personal) then again I can understand where that came from. When I had to live with my mother her husband would keep his whole check, Lets see when I was 15-16, lived without electric, would have to walk 15 miles just to get to the doctor, cause he wouldnt give the money to pay the bills or renew the tags. All because he was a stingy [email protected]

At the time I had a Big Sister (from the program) She would come get me 3 days a week plus one day on the weekend; she had bought me my own personal necessities so I could have a shower every other day.

I remember one time my mother had grounded me and she told Glenna that I wasn't allowed to go with her and as I was getting in the van she put my mother in her place!!!! :)

My mother was jealous. Sorry rambling

But that is where my obsession came from with the cleaning supplies and trust me if I had the money I would over do it with the TP, and food too. Ohhhhh after the tornado in 08, we had to stay in the armory for a week had to find another place to live...... we were the last pair to leave We had enough toothpaste, shampoo's to last over a year lol, I could have donated some of it to the nursing home where I worked but noooo I kept it.. I hit the jackpot Coopyahoo.gif