Sign in to follow this  
Birdmaster

hoarding

My holiday was great and I had a good time. OCD was still present but less than it is here at home. Less security checking to do. Since I've been home my obsessions in the house are reduced. I feel like I don't have to count so much.

Lizzy Your avatar is HUGE! LOL

But am I painting or sewing a tapestery?

So Glad Birdmaster that your holiday was good. You must be pleased to be more relaxed around your home too :wave:

On Wednesday I had a massive clear out of my clothes. Stuff that I hadn't worn for twelve months or more went. I ended up with three large black plastic bags of clothes which went to the charity shop, one bag to the Council Bank (bottle bank area) and two bags of blankets etc. to the dog kennels where I work. Six bags in total (so far, there could be more to go), nearly half my clothes have gone. I had to make room in the wardrobes, hopefully not to buy more clothes.

chin hair woman joining in. Glad I'm not the only one, but at 42 its embarressing.

I seem to hoard old clothes, find it very difficult to throw old clothes out, even if I no longer fit them.

Also find it difficult to get rid of anything that might remotely be useful. Not been diagnosed as having OCD, but maybe some tendencies are there.

Now you've got me stroking my chin. :hearts: I even bought a home electrolysis kit but am too depressed or lack the motivation to do anything about it.

Just before Christmas stocked with more toilet rolls, well they were on offer, buy nine get twelve. Did have 72 at the last count, three short of my record.

Which dog kennels do you work in Birdmaster? We have several commercial ones locally [northants] as well as several 'rescue' centres. Our Post lady keeps greyhounds so any old carpets/towels etc. go there when we have a clear out.

I have just had a good go at my chin hairs, found several that I couldn't see as they are blonde! No longer hoarding them, straight into the bin as I pluck. But it is sooooo showing my age!

Hi Lizzy, I do voluntary work in an animal sanctuary in Gloucestershire. It's mainly boarding kennels but the revenue helps to support the rescue centre. It employs about six to eight people and about a dozen or so volunteers also help out on various days of the week. It's a charity and therefore relies on donations of any kind, animal food through to towels and newspapers etc. Animals found abandoned or brought in by the public are looked after until a home can be found for them.

Which dog kennels do you work in Birdmaster? We have several commercial ones locally [northants] as well as several 'rescue' centres. Our Post lady keeps greyhounds so any old carpets/towels etc. go there when we have a clear out.

I have just had a good go at my chin hairs, found several that I couldn't see as they are blonde! No longer hoarding them, straight into the bin as I pluck. But it is sooooo showing my age!

LMAO Lizzy you still crack me up.....and those chin hairs.....Have you ever counted them?

Birdie you're a kind soul

Edited by ButterFlyWings

I have just bought another 36 toilet rolls. They're better than the normal ones, triple ply and they were on offer as well. I got 77 in stock now.

Can't count - like some people are dyslexic, I am the same but figures don't mean anything :-))))

Had a good clean round the bathroom this morning after checking under the chin. Now off to tackle the bedroom.

Loo rolls - expecting a siege are you? LOL - drizzling hard here, no dog walking today!

I see the chin hair count goes on, Lizzy!! Now toliet paper, too. Well, a local store had cake mixes on sale, so you know I went a got me some.!! Still stocking like the Great Depression is coming. I want Birdmaster to come over with his paper supply if it hits. I don't have a Sears catalogue.

I did go through the closets and come up with three bags of clothing for Goodwill. Finally. Now, about another 10 to go and I should have it out of here. My shbby is just as bad, although he'd never admit it. He has about 20 flannel workshirts stacked up on the floor of the bedroom and about another 20 in the closet for "Good." ?? He's a carpenter, but goes out of here with the tackiest looking workshirt, in case he rips one on a board?? I bet the people he works for think he's a real slob, but you couldn't convince him of that. he's conserving workshirts, after all. I won't tell you how many pr. of socks he has, either. I'd imagine it's around 75. He's saving the new ones for something, I guess. I wish he could tell me for what!! The new ones are in the drawer, and the old one are on top of the furniture. ? :hearts: It's difficult to put clothes away when the drawers are stuffed with things he won't wear, because they're too nice. :bump:

Off to see what kind of frosting I have, so I can select a cake to bake.......

Talking of socks I was having a clear out this morning. Five pairs to go 'cos they're full of holes (I've been wearing them for weeks) and I've still got 30 pairs (towelling socks) in stock. Many years ago I used to wear wool/nylon socks, I don't now, they itch me. I'm keeping those for a rainy day, at least another dozen pairs. I'm always on the lookout for cheap towelling socks and jog pants (I wear them all the time, they're more comfortable than ordinary trousers or jeans (4 pairs). I bought some more jog pants yesterday.

Now too wet for dog walking.

Still drizzling in this part of the UK!

Hubby has socks++. I did a drawer sort 3 weeks ago, put a lot in the wash and some in the rag bag for re-cycling. He does need towelling ones in white for archery if you want to throw any in this direction, size 9-11 LOL

Dog made do with the garden today; now off to clear up muddy paws on my new carpet GRRRR

I've got nine pairs of new white towelling socks, three pairs used and five for re-cycling. (17 pairs) Debenhams sell white towelling socks or used to do otherwise try Morley Market near Leeds where on my visits there (Mother lives there)I have bought many pairs for

Edited by Birdmaster

I'm sitting at my desk working overtime, alone at the office, and I'm also pulling out chin hairs with my new, teensy "travel" tweezers. I took them to work b/c my BF would flip if he knew I bought *yet another* pair.

It's easier to keep track here, b/c I can "keep score" by tossing the stupid little things on a yellow post-it.

Sigh. If I'm hauling these things out daily at 25, I shudder to think of the full beard I'll have by my 40s.

Just bought another 12 toilet rolls, 25% free and a money off coupon, who could resist it? Not me!..87 rolls in stock now. I am not promising but I am not going to buy anymore (unless there is a good offer on)....Why not! I may as well make it a 100...No, no, no!

lizzy, girl, you could sell those on ebay!! :idea3:

I have the original box for just about every pc of electronic equipment I have ever bought?

Why? For moving which I have ony done once . But the pile is huge. The basement is full

of old stuff. FULL UP, MAXED in some spots. If any one need 20 year old windsurfing gear or long ski

equip let me know.

I can feel one hair which is too tiny to pull but I keep picking at it until my chin gets sore <sad walk>

FREECYCLE anyone? Welcome DUSTY <wave> - I don't think I'm safe on skates these days LOL

Birdmaster - I bought the last pack of Andrex in our supermarket this morning - reckon the price is going up!

DUSTYROAD I'll trade you my old roller skates with the pink pom-poms for your stuff.

BTW Glad you made it here!!!!

Many thanks to all.....

Inline skating is some thing I love to do..........

UM, The toilet tissue is slowly being used up but it was stored on a 3x3x2ft shelf and various other places. I haven't bought anymore since I had 87 but I'm now down to 62 and sharn't buy any more for a while unless they nearly give them away.

I don't hoard, my husband does. He keeps it under control as much as he can, because he knows the boxes and boxes of stuff can get me upset.

I try to be understanding, but it's hard at times. Some of the things that are collected are of no value at all.

I should think that at least 80% of what I collect is useless junk.

But it might come in handy one day.

Have you ever thrown anything away that you found that you needed a few days later. It's happened to me.