Sign in to follow this  
Birdmaster

hoarding

Yikes!  The holidays are upon us, and the 'horders' come oout of the woodwork!  I'm buying things I know I'll ned because they're on sale for the Christmas meal, lol!  I went to the grocery store, and people were still trying tto get their Thanksgiving meal items together.  No me!  Did that weeks ago.  Got a couple of fresh things, and I was outta there!  The cupboards are filling up, again!  Watch you feet if you open one of them.....

Fun to be back here, Lizzie.  One of my favorite rooms!    :hearts:

Last night I was feeling under my chin and hey presto! there's another  :bump:

Couldn't see it but it was blond with a dark root when I did get it out.  It's beside the earlier one - really *must* get cleaning that bathroom  :hearts:

As for food: there are certain items I hate to be short of in the cupboard as well as face tissues and loo rolls.  Fortunately hubby will do the shopping if I can't drive so we rarely run out.  But just in case I make sure we have a supply ..........

I know.  I could feed people for weeks with the stuff I have squirreled away.  I have to have certain items, or run to the store.  Like this is dictating my life..... :hearts:  I need to get it down to a list, I guess...

I keep buying clothes all the time. How many trousers, shirts etc. that I've got I don't know, I don't count them. I still keep them when they are worn out and I only throw them out when they physically fall to bits. I wear the same six tee shirts and two track pants all the time. I got loads of new and old clothes to choose from to wear but I still stick to the same ones. I still got a pair of socks from when I was about twelve (46 years ago) and odds and sods from when I was a kid. You don't want to look in my garage or attic!!!

Lizzy

Thank you SO MUCH for starting a hoarding thread again. I have been thinking about it myself. Something really, really strange has happened to me. You probably remember in earlier threads how I was hoarded to the point that I didn't have anywhere else to put anything. Bags of stuff still with tags. A dozen of items that I had no use for. Well, it's seems like almost over night, I have become the exact opposite. I have gone from simply HAVING to shop everyday to not wanting to go shopping at all. As a matter of fact, I am not spending time obsessing over how to get rid of stuff. Strange, huh????

And you are still cracking me up with your "chin hair reports". :hearts: :D :D :D

:grinning: Lol I didn't want to say anything about "the chin hair reports"  :bump:  but I love them. I am new and have chin hair I swear I have carpels tunnel from all the plucking. So when I saw the posts I busted out loling NOT at the poster but knowing I am NOT alone and that someone shares this. To me it is top secret. I hoard some too like many of you its clothes, make up and food hahaha in case I have to feed a nation too and...toilet paper I always panic if I am below 48 rolls in case I cannot get out say a blizzard or something. This site is too cool  :hearts:

:hearts: ButterFlyWings    Believe me, you are definitely not alone....in chin hairs or hoarding. I think that it is hilarious that chin hairs and hoarding are sharing the same thread.

And yes, we must keep those 48 rolls of toilet paper! Never know when the stores might ALL close at the same time. LOL

:hearts: OMG. The toilet paper! I have a walk in pantry closet in the kitchen. Whole top shelf is devoted to TP, tissues, and paper towels. I could open a Costco wholesale club with my stash. Never mind the secret stash under the sink in each bathroom. I must have 150 rolls of Charmin in the house. For me and my daughter. 150 rolls and 2 butts.

btw... the rest of that pantry is packed. i could feed a family of 6 plus my 2 cats (dont forget the 4 cases of cat food) for the next 2 months without ever leaving the house. yet i seem to find myself wandering around the supermarket every 3 to 4 days.

:plain:

alley, it's really only 1 1/2 butts since your little darling is only 4 (right?) LOL! So 150 divided by 1.5 = a lot of rolls per back side!

Just when I thought I had some of my hoarding under control, I come home from the grocery store with bags and bags of stuff that is all stuff I have shelves and shelves of already...I was chuckling as I was putting it all away, there wasn't a darn thing that I _needed_ just more of the same...just how many batches of chili do you think I will make before this winter is over???

Lizzy, chin hairs here too. Drives me crazy. I get them on my neck too. That is very hard to get to sometimes. Gross. Why do I have black hairs on my neck. Just random every so often around my neck and chest...HATE it! I am fair skinned and light hair so the black hairs really stand out. ick, ick, ick.

Such is life  :)

I have at the moment a stock of about 50 toilet rolls, 17 kitchen towels, 5 litres washing up liquid and about 25 kilos of washing powder. A lot of other stuff I've got to buy 'cos I've nearly run out, namely cases of tinned tomatoes, tinned beans, coffee and alcohol to name a few. If any of it is on special offer well I go to town and buy even more. It's my nose hairs that annoy me and they are difficult to get out. :D

Lizzy Maybe you title this thread "Hairs and Hoarding"!

And, it's good to know that I am not alone in the stocking up thing. Except, I am doing the complete opposite now and trying to either get rid of everything or keep everything to a minimum. I wonder what would make me go from one extreme to the next seemingly overnight. And,no matter what extreme, I spend so much time obsessing over it. Sorry, I can't join the hair club. I am pretty light-haired and light skinned (Scotch-Irish-German). I just really get a chuckle out of the hair discussions!!!

:D Hahaha this whole thread cracks me up. It may be my new home lol... Today oddly, I spent most of my day buying 4 cases of bottled water, MORE TP  :bump::withstupid: about 7 things of Benecol, it's like healthy butter lol Cases OF DIET PEPSI ....I will let you all have that coke...btw I have held unto pop too long and it gets  :hearts:  :shocked: My pets too are set for life.

Facial hair lol we need a smile with chin hair  :tear2: ...once out of boredom....I ran my chin over my paper plate and could hear the dam hairs.

For, nose hair to the poster above they have a nose hair cutter and it spins...I am lucky there no long nose hair.

Thank you for the warm welcome and yes I have PCOS so they gave me a med to help the hair but ? it's junk. I want to get laser but thats a lotta cash and lmao....um , I have tweezers everywhere and have to pluck my  daylight too. You are all way too cool. We are all a little :shocked:  BUTT we have clean butts with all that TP we buy...we do use it..don't WE????  :blush21:

I do have a nose hair cutter but the one that I have is a side to side blade cutter, not very effective but it just about does the job. I have heard about the ones that spin but then I'd already bought mine. Of course I could buy another and another and hoard them. I already have two electric shavers and a hair trimmer. The second shaver was a better model than the first that's why I bought it.

I agree with you, this a good thread. :)

I want to invite all of you over to see the amount of stuff I have hoarded for years.  I have just about all the clothes, minus the infant clothes of my two daughters, and now the bank is coming to appraise our home for a refinance.  I'm putting all the junk and jazz in bags for a couple of neighbors who have kids who these clothes will fit, and the rest is going to donations....  I'll let you know how many glad bags go out of here..  You can't even walk through their room, for all the toys and clothes, and they have a big room that runs the entire upstairs of the house.  I hope they don't get the hoarding by seeing my bad ways.....LOL!

I went to the store and cake mixes were on sale......   :hearts:.  I have about 10, now.  Anyone want some cake?...and I get my brows waxed, as they're too hard to see and I don't want to tear my skin off with the pluckers.. :O

I still have clothes that are 20yrs old.  How's that?  Think I need to throw that old nike sweatsuit away.   Well, maybe not..   :shocked:  Some of these thing are coming back into style......like I'd wear them..     :bump:

I'm baking two of those cakes for the Super Bowl party my neighbor is giving.  I'm also making two pans of scalloped potatoes and ham.  One is not enough.  Two isn't so bad. LOL!  I guess I have this thing under some control.   :hearts:

I certainly have clothes from years back: just in case they ever fit again: or in case we have a very hot summer then those flimsy tops and light jeans will be suitable.  I also have lots of winter woolies for our chillier days.   Even so I only wear certain clothes; the rest hang in the cupboard 'just in case'  :grinning:

Chin hairs - swept into the bin in a grand clean  this morning.  But there will be more - as sure as night turns to day  :hearts: and they will need dealing with.  Waxing - OUCH!  No way.  Tweezers only under the chin; cream lotion remover over the upper lip; razor for the legs........ cream stick under the arms.  [because I had lymph glands removed I only sweat on one side  :  it does't stop the hairs growing though except over the scar region!]

Pantry goods: 6 rolls of kitchen paper; 10 tins of tomoato paste; 4 of baked beans; 3 large Marmite jars unopened; 1 haggis in a tin

:bump:

lots of olive oil - hubby buys on special offer; same with spices and poppadoms .....

When's the party?   :rasp:

From Birdmaster:

Posted: Feb. 06 2005,10:48  

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A short while ago there was a program on UK TV about a bloke who collected everything and I mean everything, he threw nothing away. The council had been round to his house several times before the program had been made and cleared it all up. At the actual time of making the program they had evicted the man and given him another house to live in. Anyway in seven years the council took away 100 tons of rubbish from his house. Try to beat that.

It's not that bad at my house.  The stuff is not junk, and I guess that's the problem.  I have an emotional attachment.  Guess the future looks scarey, or I surround myself with things that make me feel happy.....  I need to get over it, though....    :hearts: