Sign in to follow this  
Racecarlock

I Might Have A Solution. I'm Not A Doctor, Though.

So, as we all know, anhedonia is primarily something's gone wrong with your dopamine. But okay, what exactly? After all, a lot of you have tried wellbutrin and modafinil and even ritalin and adderall, but those only temporarily relieved the problem.

What if we don't have enough receptors? You see, as dopamine is secreted, your brain starts to remove receptors to try and encourage you to try new . This doesn't even happen exclusively to us, it happens to people without our condition too.

So maybe the question isn't "How do I get more dopamine?" but rather "How do I get more dopamine receptors?" or even "How do I get more of both?".

Well, there are two supplements that I've heard of that could possibly do the trick, and the extra receptors could reduce stimulant tolerance as well. The first is CDP-Choline and the second is Uridine. Uridine, however, is ridiculously expensive at 20-30 dollars. CDP-Choline costs slightly less than ten. Both of these are supplements that you can find in any health food store, no prescription required.

I did just take some Choline without the CDP in front of it, and I feel pretty good right now. However, if any of you guys try these supplements, or find other ways to increase receptors, please post the results in this topic, and post your methods if you do find another way.

So, as we all know, anhedonia is primarily something's gone wrong with your dopamine. But okay, what exactly? After all, a lot of you have tried wellbutrin and modafinil and even ritalin and adderall, but those only temporarily relieved the problem.

What if we don't have enough receptors? You see, as dopamine is secreted, your brain starts to remove receptors to try and encourage you to try new . This doesn't even happen exclusively to us, it happens to people without our condition too.

So maybe the question isn't "How do I get more dopamine?" but rather "How do I get more dopamine receptors?" or even "How do I get more of both?".

Well, there are two supplements that I've heard of that could possibly do the trick, and the extra receptors could reduce stimulant tolerance as well. The first is CDP-Choline and the second is Uridine. Uridine, however, is ridiculously expensive at 20-30 dollars. CDP-Choline costs slightly less than ten. Both of these are supplements that you can find in any health food store, no prescription required.

I did just take some Choline without the CDP in front of it, and I feel pretty good right now. However, if any of you guys try these supplements, or find other ways to increase receptors, please post the results in this topic, and post your methods if you do find another way.

What do you think about it now?

Edited by Ruynosuke

What if we don't have enough receptors? You see, as dopamine is secreted, your brain starts to remove receptors to try and encourage you to try new s***. This doesn't even happen exclusively to us, it happens to people without our condition too.

What do you think about it now?

Yeah how did this go?

You most likely felt placebo effect. If those supps actually increase dopamine receptors, it wouldnt happen instantly but on long term. Also like many people, you are over simplifying the brain and anhedonia....Anhedonia isnt just about dopamine and its receptor, it is much more complex than that but obviously dopamine has a its role. Dopamine might just be a big player of a very complexe network that has many many players....

Truth is we dont know exactly how this network function. And even worse, for everyone with anhedonia, the malfunction of this network might not even be the same.