Sign in to follow this  
samwright

New Member And Need Support

I was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety about two years ago and don't seem to be getting any better. I have recently had my third child and while pregnant I was off all my Meds. Since I started taking them again I feel worse than ever. Everything annoys me. Don't want to do things. Don't have any friends to turn to and family are not supportivE. Feel all alone even when people are there. I'm I just weird as that's how I feel

Welcome to DF.

Please hang in there. Are you also doing any type of therapy?

Are you on the same meds, or is your doctor trying to find the right ones for you?

Take care. You're capable of feeling better, and you're certainly worth it.

welcome to df.

i have had the same troubles for about 3 years now.

i would encouarge you to stay in a conversation with the dr. about this.

for me we keep trying different meds/combinations to find something.

for me the agitation and anger have been connected to the depression / anxiety though meds could play a role i assume.

hope you have a better day.

Thanks guys. Tried cbt bit didn't work. I'm on same Meds as before but as I said don't feel they are having any effect. Dr is really good but I do tend to try make out things aren't as bad as they are as I'm worried about kids if they think I'm not coping with myself let alone them

There are a few things to consider (not in replacement of meds and therapy, but in addition to).

1. Exercise - regular exercise can do wonders for how you feel both physically as well as emotionally. I understand that when depressed it is almost impossible to do.

2. Diet - make sure that you are eating well (both quantity and quality of foods). This includes plenty of water.

3. Hobbies - having something creative or enjoyable to do that is low stress may help you be able to cope with the higher stress times that are annoying you.

You aren't weird. You are ill.

Not wanting to be clear and specific about symptoms with your Doc doesn't help him/her to treat you properly.

I have had the same experience. During my depressive episodes, the first things to go out the window are self-care and advocating for self. I was all "let's gloss it over" with my Doc too. I would look my best and give him the watered down version of what my current symptoms were. One day, and I'm not sure why...maybe the sunshine that day...I admitted to him that that is what I'd been doing, and I gave it to him straight for the first time. He did his little magic on his prescription pad, and I'm pleased to say that I have come out of the most severe depression I've ever experienced to land in the moderate zone at this time. Now we are doing some tweaking (Guinean pig time. Necessary, but ICK!), and I have some hope for the first time in a long time that I will have meds that take me into remission and not just response. Please, please, please, speak up for yourself with your Doc, so you can get proper treatment. :0)

Don't quit on the first medication, they all work a bit differently and can take some experimentation to find what works for you. Gotta keep trying. You'll find lots of support and info here. You are definitely not alone!