Sign in to follow this  
Shuga_Mama

From Cymbalta To Lexapro...help?

Hi,

So, I was originally on Zoloft, and while it helped me to reach a somewhat stable baseline, it then stopped working and I had another depressive episode. My doctor then gives me this relatively new AD, Brintellix...but it was too expensive, so then she had me try Cymbalta. I had side effects-dry mouth, headaches, nausea/upset stomach, loss of appetite, along with abnormal dreams. Which brings us to the current point: My doctor had me go cold turkey off of Cymbalta, and wants me to start Lexapro. I'm waiting 4 days before starting the Lexapro because I want to give the Cymbalta some time to clear out my system (my idea, not the doc's, plus, I have to wait before I can pick it up from the pharmacy, lol).

Has anyone switched from Cymbalta to Lexapro? How was it?

Is anyone currently taking Lexapro? Is it helpful? What has been your experience with it?

Edited by Shuga_Mama

I went from Cymbalta to Lexapro. The side effects are not as bad and the effect on my depression is much better than Cymbalta. However on Lexapro I have dreams and don't sleep more than 4-5 hours whereas I always slept well for longer. I also have dry mouth and sometimes constipation. Having said all that it is the most beneficial ad I ever took (and I've tried lots). I think the side effects are worth it for the feeling of being normal I get. I hope this helps and I hope you benefit from Lexapro

I went from Cymbalta to Lexapro. The side effects are not as bad and the effect on my depression is much better than Cymbalta. However on Lexapro I have dreams and don't sleep more than 4-5 hours whereas I always slept well for longer. I also have dry mouth and sometimes constipation. Having said all that it is the most beneficial ad I ever took (and I've tried lots). I think the side effects are worth it for the feeling of being normal I get. I hope this helps and I hope you benefit from Lexapro

Thank you! That doesn't sound too bad...and I don't sleep that much anyway, thanks to school, lol. My biggest issues have been lack of interest, motivation and energy. Was Lexapro able to help you with any of those symptoms?

Lexapro seems to completely suit me. I don't have a lot of energy but I am motivated which is good enough for me right now. I actually will go to work and just get on with life. I hope you will be as happy on it as I am. I gave it a month before I decided to stay on it. I usually give them a month and stop then if side effects haven't settled. Let us know how you get on

I've been taking Lexapro for about four years now. Previous I took Celexa but it unfortunately pooped out and quit working. Surprisingly, Lexapro is a LOT stronger than Citalapram. 10mg of Lex = 20mg Celexa. Lexapro is THE BEST SSRI I've ever taken. I would recommend it everyone. My $0.02

Current Daily Meds:

3mg Klonopin

300mg Wellbutrin

10mg Lexapro

200mg Seroquel

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Lexapro seems to completely suit me. I don't have a lot of energy but I am motivated which is good enough for me right now. I actually will go to work and just get on with life. I hope you will be as happy on it as I am. I gave it a month before I decided to stay on it. I usually give them a month and stop then if side effects haven't settled. Let us know how you get on

Motivation definitely sounds good right about now. I will be on it for 3 weeks and then I'm going to see my doc again for a check-in. I hope it will work as well.

I've been taking Lexapro for about four years now. Previous I took Celexa but it unfortunately pooped out and quit working. Surprisingly, Lexapro is a LOT stronger than Citalapram. 10mg of Lex = 20mg Celexa. Lexapro is THE BEST SSRI I've ever taken. I would recommend it everyone. My $0.02 Current Daily Meds: 3mg Klonopin 300mg Wellbutrin 10mg Lexapro 200mg Seroquel Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Wow, that definitely gives me a little hope. I'm glad it worked out for you and I hope to have success with it.

I've been on the Lexapro for about 5 days now. I have some drowsiness, but that could be due to my poor sleeping habits. In the first few days, I had a terrible headache, but now that's gone. So really, no side effects, but no real changes either (obviously, lol). I guess we'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks.