Sign in to follow this  
kkuylen

Lexapro- Did Anyone Get Help After Months?

Hi all,

I have been on Lexapro for the 5th time now for anxiety and its always helped me before. This time, though, its still not working and its 6 months into it (although only 2 months at 20 mgs- which is probably the dosage I needed this time since my anxiety was bad). I am really hesitant to try a new med bc Im sensitive and getting on them is hell. So I was wondering if anyone has had success even after 2 months on it. I have a few good days but more bad days than good. Please let me know if anyone has had success and Ill stick it out. Thanks so much guys for all you do and I hope everyone is having a happy and stress free day.

Maria

It is not doing much for me. I have some side effects. My psy doc told me that I should see an antidepressant effect within one month. I don't have the expertise. Psych meds helped me just a little. I notice that therapy and structure help much more.

I agree. Typical results are within a month, but I have read and seen with my own eyes, for anxiety suffers, it sometimes take much longer like 2-3 months. I hope you keep getting better every day regardless of how you get there:)

I was on it from october to end of january so 4 months.

It helped get rid of my anxiety but overall it made me have the I dont care, plus my vision was bad, I had insomnia, but also fatigue and droswy. Also got urinary retention.

I have to say it helped with the anxiety and the other issues were annoying, like I couldnt relax, I felt wound up...needed to be busy constantly.

Thinking back, yes the anxiety was worse than the other issues.

last couple of days I have had anxiety return. I am going to try and work through it as I donot want to go back on lexapro. If there was a pill with no side effects, then I would definately consider it.

I am going to try and give up coffee and smoking first as I think these make me anxious.

I've been on Lexapro for 2 months now and the first 5-6 weeks were brutal, I had awful side effects but I feel like I'm finally feeling the benefits of it now. Finally! My doctor also added Wellbutrin SR and I've just begun taking it. No real noticeable signs that it is helping yet.