Sign in to follow this  
dawn28

Is This Really Ocd? Also Klonopin ?

Can anyone help me with this please! have been previously diagnosed as having GAD and depression, mainly GAD. My anxiety is very bad and I ruminate or obsess over my family dying. No one is sick but I worry all day about my husband or my son dying. I get myself into a panic over this worry at times. I just saw a new p.doc and he seemed wonderful but he said he thinks I also have OCD along with the other things. I am really upset because now I have yet another problem. I know he is a doctor and he is the expert but I wonder if worry like this can be considered ocd? I do pray every night and I do feel if I do not pray they will die, so maybe that is why he said ocd? I am just confused. He gave me klonopin but said that will not help my ocd just my anxiety. I think that just sucks, because I wish it would work for the ocd as well. Does anyone take klonopin for ocd here? I have been on every single SSRI out there as well as a few other things and none of them work. They make my anxiety 100 times worse! So for now he said lets try this. I am worried about addiction/dependence as well. i forgot to add, I have taken klonopin in the past for my anxiety and it did work pretty good and that is why he went with this drug. Thanks.

I take Klonopin for generalized anxiety. It calms me down during presentations and allows me to speak without my voice trembling. I take Lexapro for depression and I've noticed it helps with my OCD as well. We all have a different chemical make up so it may not work for you as it has for me. I say that because I saw it listed among other meds you have tried. I read somewhere that Seroquel has an off label use for OCD. I don't know anyone who uses it for that particular reason but it may be with a try seeing you're somewhat at the end of the road with regard of experimenting with different meds. I pray you find the med that works for you! God bless!

Current Daily Meds:

3mg Klonopin

300mg Wellbutrin

10mg Lexapro

200mg Seroquel