Sign in to follow this  
Tungsten Aromatics

What's On Your Mind Right Now?

On 6/17/2017 at 10:48 AM, sober4life said:

I've been mowing grass for 27 years.  In all of that time they can't make any real improvements with we ed eaters?  It's still the same junk you want to throw over the hill every time you use it.  It's a miracle every time you get it started even if it's brand new and putting the string in it will break even the strongest willed person mentally.

Oh I'm so with you on that. They make it sound like loading the string is easy and works with a simple push. My a** it does!  One improvement had happened. I got an electric trimmer this time. Battery that is. It holds enough juice for what I need to trim. I'm replacing my hand held leaf blower with one too. I don't have the best luck with 2 cycle motors. They usually die within a couple of years. I hate throwing away equipment that should be easily rebuilt. Cordless has gotten to be very handy.

Edited by In2deep4me
Spelling

I am preoccupied with, of all things, the weather.  The air temperature is very hot here.  So many people are running coolers and air conditioners that the power company is warning of black outs and rolling brown outs.  I have a lot of "old school" ways to try to stay cool since air conditioning is a fairly recent invention as far as history goes.  My meds come by mail and I am concerned about how the heat in the delivery vans and outside affects them.  I read somewhere that high heat can reduce the potency of some meds by as much as 50%, which is not something I would want to happen to my Citalopram.

Edited by Epictetus

22 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

Oh I'm so with you on that. They make it sound like loading the string is easy and works with a simple push. My a** it does!  One improvement had happened. I got an electric trimmer this time. Battery that is. It holds enough juice for what I need to trim. I'm replacing my hand held leaf blower with one too. I don't have the best luck with 2 cycle motors. They usually die within a couple of years. I hate throwing away equipment that should be easily rebuilt. Cordless has gotten to be very handy.

My we ed eater is one of the 4 cycle kind.  It worked for 2 months and I was driving all over the place raising hell trying to get it replaced.  They gave me a new one.  The guy at the dealership said the 4 cycle kind is junk most of the time.  I wish I would have known before I bought it.  The yards I have to mow are way too big for an electric trimmer.  I've tried the battery kind but the battery runs out way too quick.

I'm thinking about why I keep coming here. I had many goals and ambitions and a year passed without any bad thoughts or relapses. Then, when I completed all the goals... Well, the emptiness returned, the apathy returned, the laziness, the inability to smile, the desire to hide away... It's hard to relapse after a year of a pretty good life, it's even harder to admit it...

I'm thinking why I'm here and what to do next, can't find the answers though :(

I guess its pretty trivial, but I only have one window in my house and it is needed for ventilation.  But when it rains, the water comes in with the fresh air.  I have been thinking of ways [that are not to expensive for me] to solve this.  An awning would do it.  A window with louvers.  Trying to think of a DIY cheaper solution.  That has preoccupied me for awhile now. 

1 hour ago, Epictetus said:

I guess its pretty trivial, but I only have one window in my house and it is needed for ventilation.  But when it rains, the water comes in with the fresh air.  I have been thinking of ways [that are not to expensive for me] to solve this.  An awning would do it.  A window with louvers.  Trying to think of a DIY cheaper solution.  That has preoccupied me for awhile now. 

I have the same problem! Well, I have two windows, but the rain generally comes in both of them. I've been dealing with it by leaving the window open but closing the curtains. And just wiping up any water that comes in if there's a gust of wind or something. It's not perfect, but so far it has been better than closing the windows. 

He's not a fox.  He doesn't have the right teeth to be a fox.  They're honestly not sure what he is so he'll fit in good with me.  I'm going to say he's a fox anyway.  When he went to the vet he attacked the doctors the whole time so they probably didn't care what he was.  They just wanted him out of there.  I'm not sure what kind of life he has had.  He acts like he doesn't even know how to play with toys.  He sits and howls a lot like a coyote.  He's strange like I am I think.

Whether this is hormones, seasonal depression, or just a near breakdown, it e.f.f.ing sucks. I can't take it. I feel so smurfing miserable. I can distract myself with books, internet, TV only for small periods of time. I just want a break from feeling so down. I hope it is hormones and I feel better in the next day or so, or else I'll pull my hair out! I am being so obsessively  negative; how do I get rid of these thoughts that plague me? 

1 hour ago, Nisemono said:

It seems supremely arrogant to think that other people would want to know you when you're so sick of yourself.

I want to know you, but I understand the sentiment and feel the same about myself.