What's On Your Mind Right Now?

I'm remembering a severe brain injury I had while a teenager.  I was going down a very long and steep hill on my bicycle.  I went out of control, flew off and over the handle bars and hit a brick wall head first.  At the time in my hometown [back in the 1960s] there wasn't much known about head injuries.  Anyway . . . I am wondering now if that had some influence on the development of depression in me. 

15 minutes ago, Epictetus said:

I'm remembering a severe brain injury I had while a teenager.  I was going down a very long and steep hill on my bicycle.  I went out of control, flew off and over the handle bars and hit a brick wall head first.  At the time in my hometown [back in the 1960s] there wasn't much known about head injuries.  Anyway . . . I am wondering now if that had some influence on the development of depression in me. 

@Epictetus Funny you should mention this. I have wondered the same about myself over the years. When I was 11 I fell off my bike (no helmet of course - we didn't do that in the 80s)...my head hitting concrete. I went in to full seizure mode...ambulance ride I don't remember - I woke up in the hospital 3 hours or so, doctors nurses and my mom all looking down at me lol, just like in the movies haha.

I wish there was a way to know!!!! I mean our prefrontal cortex alone doesn't finish developing until we are 25, so what about the rest of it when we are younger??

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 7:55 PM, Natasha1 said:

LET'S GIVE IT UP FOR LONESQUIRREL! wOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Today's laugh and giggle brought to you by the actual Head squirrel!!!!

WE LOVE YOU LS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Natasha!!  Where do I pick up my award? :flirt:

heh

The true meaning and spirit of Christmas is on my mind right now... forgiveness of our enemies and wrongful acts committed against us, selfless giving, charitable actions, neighborly/brotherly love, kindness, compassion, peace, patience and understanding.....

I wrote a blog entry on it today. I want to be a better person in mind, body and soul.

http://www.depressionforums.org/forums/blogs/entry/27527-in-the-spirit-of-christmas/

23 minutes ago, gs22 said:

I so don't want to be an old lady. 

Thats been on my mind too. I don't want to grow up and be an old man. I am 48 now but since I was a boy I told myself that I would never grow up and become like the adults I seen in my life. But time keeps on ticking into the future, but I would still rather be young at heart. But there are still times that I feel like this...

make-us-lol-120113-21.jpg

I can't tell if somebody's yelling my name or not, and it's worrying me. I keep thinking I here it but when I go downstairs nobody was calling my name. Ugh, I hate when this happens.

:/

Edited by Jalen

11 minutes ago, Jalen said:

I can't tell if somebody's yelling my name or not, and it's worrying me. I keep thinking I here it but when I go downstairs nobody was calling my name. Ugh, I hate when this happens.

:/

I wish I knew what to tell you.  I know this has happened to me, too, though nothing lately.  It was all the more confusing when I lived in a house full of people; I couldn't tell who was calling who, or if anyone was being called.  I can see how distressing that would be.