Sign in to follow this  
Tungsten Aromatics

What's On Your Mind Right Now?

Thank you 20YearsandCounting! :) I do need the hugs badly.... I'm about to lose it in my job and am worried about how I may react to my boss if she is disrespectful towards me yet again. I'm being abused.

I'm getting tired and losing patience with my mom whom I'm looking after. She talks about the same thing day after day or jumps into negative mode by talking about past occurrences in her life. 

Not to mention she is hard of hearing so when i raise my voice to talk to her - she becomes mad and tells me not to shout at her :ermm:

Please someone take her away to give me some peace and time for myself....

Maybe i shouldn't have come home to look after her

Right now, I am worried about a message I sent to my boss about needing to talk. I was direct and honest and told her that my work and morale have become difficult & that I'd like to come up with solutions to the problem.

I truly hope I can pull this off --- I've confronted her before when I was a consultant for her two years ago, and it worked then, so hopefully I can be diplomatic this go around and get through to her without getting myself fired. Ugh. I hate conflict... but hopefully this will turn out well?

Oh Lordy.. I just had to say something & address it at this stage. I am miserable & it's getting worse -- I can't on with the way things have been.

I'm getting tired and losing patience with my mom whom I'm looking after. She talks about the same thing day after day or jumps into negative mode by talking about past occurrences in her life. 

Not to mention she is hard of hearing so when i raise my voice to talk to her - she becomes mad and tells me not to shout at her :ermm:

Please someone take her away to give me some peace and time for myself....

Maybe i shouldn't have come home to look after her

You are amazing for taking care of your mom.  You deserve some you time. :hugs:

I was thinking about hope. To escape depression you have to believe that this isn't all your life can be and that things can improve, you have to be able to imagine something better. But when I imagine something better it just serves to highlight how miserable my life is and has been. It's like in a game show where you've won a pencil sharpener or something and the host says "Here's what you could have won", and the curtain draws back to reveal a Ferrari or whatever. How cruel. I could have learned to be content with my pencil sharpener but thinking that I might have won a Ferrari just makes me want to throw my pencil sharpener into the canal. This post is getting a bit too abstract. It's not as if I have unrealistic hopes of being famous or curing cancer, I just hope that perhaps, someday, somehow, I could maybe make some good friends? Perhaps I could even find someone to love, but lets not get carried away. But hoping for this much seems like a cruel mirage in the desert which disappears when I try to touch it and makes me feel even more hopeless.

Yes... you have to believe.. you have to imagine.. even if it's fairyland!!!!!

You must believe in hope... or there is none. No matter what, no matter how hard.... there is hope.

Hi Cupcake_girl, that's a wonderful trait to have to make others laugh! Even if you're not feeling happy inside, making others laugh is a true gift..  embrace that trait within yourself. :) I do this as well and everyone thinks I'm a happy person even when I'm depressed... but I do find that having a good sense of humor in daily life is great medicine for depression & low spiritedness. :hugs:

I'm so awkward, boring and just plain annoying.

I need to go for a "how to be cool" class or "how to be interesting so that people will actually stay" class.

Hi Anita, one social trick is to ask people about themselves.. people always love to talk about themselves, so the more interested in them you become, the more interesting you become, and the more likable. Trust me, even just asking how their day was, what's going on for them at work, at home, or anything you can think of that shows interest in them. You'll be surprised at how much you can engage people in conversation when you get them talking about themselves. Now this doesn't show the stereotypical "coolness" necessarily, but it does show a level of sociability that people really like and gravitate towards. You don't have to be "cool" in order to be well liked and engaging with people. Hugs!

Right now I am sooooo sick of writing this monthly marketing report for this one company. The report is 10 pages long, and has already taken me over a day 1/2 to do... it's exhausting!!! Data, charts, graphs, data analysis and summaries.. omg. I'm going out of my mind!!!

I am so sad, upset, and extremely depressed! Why so much hate in the world!?! I don't want to live on earth anymore! I have no idea where I can go to feel safe besides heaven. I'm frusturated because things will never get better here. I have no way to protect myself and my family from the crazy hurtful people of the world. The randomness of violence is terrifying. This really makes me want to stay inside and hide. You never know what will happen once you step out your front door. My anxiety is sky high right now!!! Not leaving my apartment for a loooong time!

I am so sad, upset, and extremely depressed! Why so much hate in the world!?! I don't want to live on earth anymore! I have no idea where I can go to feel safe besides heaven. I'm frusturated because things will never get better here. I have no way to protect myself and my family from the crazy hurtful people of the world. The randomness of violence is terrifying. This really makes me want to stay inside and hide. You never know what will happen once you step out your front door. My anxiety is sky high right now!!! Not leaving my apartment for a loooong time!

((((angelwingz))))

I hope you don't do anything to hurt yourself.  Safety so often feels like an illusion, but there are things you can do to protect yourself.  You are a capable intelligent person, you can do this.  :hugs:

Fear -- fear is on my mind right now. Why do I let people aggressive and tyrannical people like my boss intimidate me? I think I'm too soft and not strong enough of a person.... I'm afraid of her.... but why should I be? I do great work for the company... I should have more faith in myself that I am good at what I do... but when she does snap at me, I lose all concentration and get frazzled & thrown off track. I can't think of a comeback or a defense sometimes when she unjustifiably blames me. I have stood up for myself at times with her, but not always. I wish I had a better defense mechanism, or a stronger suit of armor so to speak.

I'm also tired of dealing with crappy companies and crappy bosses. :( It's been this way my whole life... I've never had a job I loved... or even liked for that matter. I've always wanted to leave the current job and am quickly on the lookout for the next --- always. It's tiresome. And here's my boyfriend, who is treated so well in his company, he's been there 11 years, and I'm envious. He's so lucky. I have been very unlucky.

I truly hope and pray that when I leave my position, that I find a good company to work for.... I hope and pray that my next boss is respectful. Given my luck and pattern so far, I am not feeling very hopeful.

Last night I was really down in the dumps about it, feeling cursed and hopeless. I know I have to keep trying and remain hopeful though... if I'm not, then where will I be? Stuck in negative thinking, which is a place I don't want to be in. I have to keep trying... and learn from my past mistakes when making next job career moves.

Why has life been so hard for me? what have I done to deserve this? Why is this episode with depression SO bad and why can't they get me on the right meds?