Sometimes, counting helps me because it gives me a number to aim for when doing a task.

However, sometimes it tortures my mind. Like when I have to do something a certain number of times or it's bad luck.

I've decided I'm not giving in to it any more. It's making my life tiring and miserable. It won't be easy to stop, but I will.

wow this is an old Topic. I wonder if anyone will read this now? 

when i was younger i would count the tiles in the kitchen as i walked from the door to the sink. not sure if thats OCD but i did it every time. and if i missed a tile, i would start over. ok yes.. OCD. 

On 4/18/2018 at 4:22 AM, AF2018 said:

wow this is an old Topic. I wonder if anyone will read this now? 

when i was younger i would count the tiles in the kitchen as i walked from the door to the sink. not sure if thats OCD but i did it every time. and if i missed a tile, i would start over. ok yes.. OCD. 

Could be OCD. I'm not sure. I did things like this when I was younger, then they went away, so I'm not sure if that counts ...?

Posted (edited)

I count the shakes of the orange juice bottle. Not on purpose, just find myself doing it. Sometimes straight through and sometimes in threes. This is a sure sign of genius, is it not? :Coopwink:

Edited by John_in_SF

On 6/12/2019 at 12:26 AM, John_in_SF said:

I count the shakes of the orange juice bottle. Not on purpose, just find myself doing it. Sometimes straight through and sometimes in threes. This is a sure sign of genius, is it not? :Coopwink:

genius yes.

I wonder what causes people to count things?