Sign in to follow this  
SpaceAce

2 Years Later And I'm Still Not Any Better

Today I've come to realise that I'm really not any better than I was 2 years ago.

2 years ago I was sleeping 16 hours a day and spent the remaining time in bed anyway only leaving to go to the toilet and eating a meal (maybe) once a day. Over that time circumstances have improved which slowly gave me enough of a boost to start getting my life back together but I'm still no better at handling life. Today I was in bed most of the day because of being so depressed about this work experience project that I'm doing for uni.

I'm getting so anxious about it that I feel nauseous and feel so overwhelmed since I have so much to learn. But the realisation that I'm no better at handling life really sucks. I'm completing my last year of uni this year but I only got this far because of circumstances were good for me not because I was growing and becoming stronger.

The only positive is that now I know that I NEED to spend time practising my therapy techniques rather than thinking they would be a nice thing when I had some spare time to do it.

i hope the reading helps.

if it can work....

i have been in the dark for just a little over two years. i am not a success story yet, still trying to find my way with the help of the pros and meds.

my best to you as you think about where you have been the last couple of years.

i get it.

Sorry I've no advice - I just know how you feel :(

I'm no better than I was 12 years ago. I got better, and now I'm worse again. I've been pretty much the same amount of rubbish for the past year or so... Maybe longer. I don't know.

Like you, I really need to start practising and reading up on techniques etc. I think I've come to the realisation that I'm never going to be free of this - it's just how I manage it.

I hope things get better with uni, and you manage to get through it ok. I had to quit at 18 because of my depression and start again a few years later living at home. That said, I did finally get my degree, and I'm a teacher now ( a great, stress free occupation eh?).

Is your work placement stressing you out? Is there anything they could do there to help you out? Unis are usually really understanding if you tell them that you are struggling because of your health, and they've heard it all before.

Hi there,

I'm sorry you don't feel you have gotten any better. That being said, the fact that you're even GOING to university is such an amazing feat. Hang in there and don't hesitate to message if you ever need to talk :)

Liv