Does Anyone Else Feel Neutral About Valentine's Day?

Jules19

It seems like people either love it & make huge plans... :inlove:

or hate it & complain about it all day.... :ranting:

Am I the only one that is neutral about it & looking forward to when the candy goes on sale :Coopyahoo:

Anyways...Happy Valentines Day! :hearthrob: Especially to all the single folks out there like me! :wub:

Edited by Jules19

I enjoyed it when I was married - a reminder for us of sorts of our love. She was depressed, too, and it only lasted 4 1/2 years. But we did special stuff on St. Valentine's Day.

But for the other 52 years of my life, I'd say I've actually hated the day. Just another reminder of a large part of what my life lacks. Ditto Facebook. I have some friends and relatives on Facebook and it's helpful to see what they're into and what's happening in their lives, but a lot of it is unintentionally hurtful. "LIKE if you've got a wonderful spouse!" Well, I DON'T - thanks for the reminder. "LIKE if you love your mother!" Well, mine died two years ago - I DID love her immensely. Now just another hole in my life. Thanks for the reminder. "Ain't Christmas wunnerful!!!" Well, not if you're alone. Not by a long shot. And thanks for the nonexistent invitation to spend it with you and your wonderful family. I probably wouldn't have gone anyway, but... thanks for sharing.

Sorry... just a little bit bitter, I guess. :rolleyes: