Valentine's Day Was Created To Punish The Ugly

a400488

Another Valentine's Day alone. All those restaurants full of people that have others. I walk by and hear the laughter, the cheerfulness, the air full of shared existence; I pull my collar up on my jacket and keep walking. My whole life's been this way, save for a few years in my 20s when the Gods were still cruel enough to torment me with glimpses of romantic actuality by dropping on me those 2 s***ty girlfriends. All through high school I'd have a class and sit near a girl that I thought liked me and I'd slowly work up the courage to ask her for her number and sometimes she'd give it to me. But they were the ones that hurt the most because she'd either never answer or worse yet she'd have her little sister say that she wasn't home, which I guess in the world of being a short ugly guy is the equivalent of Double Jeopardy.
Hey look, I know life isn't all highs, but I've gotten increasingly tired of it being overwhelmingly low.
...Y'know what- **** it. I was going to try and write a more penetrating account of just how difficult it is to be a short pale ginger but I'm so bored with my own lonely, fruitless existence that I can't do it. My point is, shallowness is equal between the sexes since being a short guy is the equivalent to being an obese woman, Hallmark should be dissolved, and some of us are just going to feel less welcomed on blind dates than Bruce Jenner.
Sorry to be a downer. Just...**** Valentine's Day. I want some pudding.

After initial assessment looks don't really matter that much in the dating game. Sure, if you're not the standard playboy, you'll probably need to do most of the initiation, but after that's done, looks aren't that important, you being self conscious about it although matters a lot. It's a cruel game and confidence is the key. The truth is that no one can truly love you until you learn to love yourself.

Spot on Mr. Shadow.

488, I agree with everything Mr. Shadow has to say. This will be my 3rd Valentines Day alone. Throughout my life people have told me how pretty I am...my standard response is "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". What a real turn on for me in a man is self confidence. I agree that it's truly important to learn how to love ourselves first. So I'm buying myself some beautiful flowers and a box of chocolates and having a nice quite night at home...by myself :-)

Spot on Mr. Shadow.

488, I agree with everything Mr. Shadow has to say. This will be my 3rd Valentines Day alone. Throughout my life people have told me how pretty I am...my standard response is "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". What a real turn on for me in a man is self confidence. I agree that it's truly important to learn how to love ourselves first. So I'm buying myself some beautiful flowers and a box of chocolates and having a nice quite night at home...by myself :-)