Sign in to follow this  

I met with a therapist today. This is only the second time I've ever been to a therapist and the last time, I never followed up. I have a bad habit of that. I really think this will be better though. I've got an appointment with an actual doctor with the particular clinic I visited but not until April, so she recommend I visit a regular physician who could get me started on medication until I can be seen in April. The doctor I went to proscribed me Lexapro-10mg. Has anyone had any success with that with Anxiety or OCD? I know it's primarily used to treat Depression, but hoping I see some improvements.

Hello kay,

I'm sorry that you haven't had many replies yet and that I can't tell you anything about Lexapro, but many antidepressants help with anxiety too.

I hope that you find this to be a helpful and supportive place and that you keep coming back and that you let us know how you are doing. We care and you are not alone. :flowers:

I met with a therapist today. This is only the second time I've ever been to a therapist and the last time, I never followed up. I have a bad habit of that. I really think this will be better though. I've got an appointment with an actual doctor with the particular clinic I visited but not until April, so she recommend I visit a regular physician who could get me started on medication until I can be seen in April. The doctor I went to proscribed me Lexapro-10mg. Has anyone had any success with that with Anxiety or OCD? I know it's primarily used to treat Depression, but hoping I see some improvements.

I just started therapy (again) in January. This time is a different type though. I have been on Lexapro but I don't remember how it did for me, I am not on it currently. I just wanted to say good for you for trying therapy again, it is really hard sometimes.

I have a bad case of OCD. So much that when I change volume on my television it HAS to be on a number divisible by 5. I started Lexapro 10mg a couple years ago and it eradicated my OCD. Surprisingly, it also decreased my anxiety. But, I have a short script for Klonopin which I take from time to time.

I have a bad case of OCD. So much that when I change volume on my television it HAS to be on a number divisible by 5. I started Lexapro 10mg a couple years ago and it eradicated my OCD. Surprisingly, it also decreased my anxiety. But, I have a script for Klonopin which I take from time to time.