Sign in to follow this  
ZenDarling

A Quote A Day...

“Saying someone can't be sad because someone else may have it worse is like saying someone can't be happy because someone else may have it better. ~Unknown”

I'm making a little pic of this and posting it on my mirror!! :smile: I love this, it's such a good answer, because I hear this all the time when people find out I struggle with depression. (that's why I don't tell in the first place). Thank you, Teddy!

'How we walk with the broken speaks louder than how we sit with the great.' -Bill Bennot

Edited by 20YearsandCounting

“Saying someone can't be sad because someone else may have it worse is like saying someone can't be happy because someone else may have it better. ~Unknown”

That quote reminds me of this reddit post, definitely so true though!

--

"A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the “half empty or half full” question. Instead, with a smile on her face she inquired, “How heavy is this glass of water?” The answers called out ranged from 8oz to 20 oz. She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.” She continued, “The stress and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them for a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed - incapable of doing anything.” Always remember to put the glass down." - via powerpuffme

Edited by Moogie

“You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”
― Malcolm X, By Any Means Necessary

“Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.”
― Benjamin Spock

"Everyone wants to be the sun to lighten up everyone’s life, but why not be the moon, to brighten in the darkest hour." - Anon

"Forget about the past and all your sorrows

the future won't last, it will soon by your tomorrow…"

*Richard Starkey (Ringo Starr)

"I’d rather be a sparrow than a snail….

Yes, I would..

If I could...

I surely would…."

*Paul Simon

'How we walk with the broken speaks louder than how we sit with the great.' -Bill Bennot

"A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the “half empty or half full” question. Instead, with a smile on her face she inquired, “How heavy is this glass of water?” The answers called out ranged from 8oz to 20 oz. She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.” She continued, “The stress and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them for a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed - incapable of doing anything.” Always remember to put the glass down." - via powerpuffme

Family, I :hearts:LOVE :hearts: these quotes; they touched my soul! I feel better after reading them than I did before. Thank you for the precious gift of lifting my weary spirit; it means more to me than I could every adequately express in words.

Namaste,

Zen

“Dare to Be

When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully.

When there is darkness, dare to be the first to shine a light.

When there is injustice, dare to be the first to condemn it.

When something seems difficult, dare to do it anyway.

When life seems to beat you down, dare to fight back.

When there seems to be no hope, dare to find some.

When you’re feeling tired, dare to keep going.

When times are tough, dare to be tougher.

When love hurts you, dare to love again.

When someone is hurting, dare to help them heal.

When another is lost, dare to help them find the way.

When a friend falls, dare to be the first to extend a hand.

When you cross paths with another, dare to make them smile.

When you feel great, dare to help someone else feel great too.

When the day has ended, dare to feel as you’ve done your best.

Dare to be the best you can –

At all times, Dare to be!”

― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

"May the sun bring you new energy by day,
may the moon softly restore you by night,
may the rain wash away your worries,
may the breeze blow new strength into your being,
may you walk gently through the world and
know it's beauty all the days of your life."

- Apache Blessing

"For a star to be born, there is one thing that must happen: a nebula must collapse.

So collapse.
Crumble.
This is not your destruction.

This is your birth.
"

-Nhixxie

Lakota Native American Quote; Instructions for Living:

Friend, do it this way - that is,
whatever you do in life,
do the very best you can
with both your heart and mind.

And if you do it that way,
the Power Of The Universe
will come to your assistance,
if your heart and mind are in Unity….

“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.”
― Elie Wiesel

“Simplicity, patience, compassion.
These three are your greatest treasures.
Simple in actions and thoughts, you return to the source of being.
Patient with both friends and enemies,
you accord with the way things are.
Compassionate toward yourself,
you reconcile all beings in the world.”
― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

"I’d rather be a sparrow than a snail….

Yes, I would..

If I could...

I surely would…."

*Paul Simon

Correction (update): We all know this song as arranged and sung by Paul Simon(& Art Garfunkle) However, it was written by the Peruvian composer Daniel Alomía Robles in 1913 and based on traditional Andean folk tunes. In 2004, Peru declared this song as part of the national cultural heritage.

Sign in to follow this