Sign in to follow this  
ZenDarling

A Quote A Day...

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

― Michael Jackson

'The enemy of my enemy is my friend, until this friend proves to be a bigger b****** than my enemy, which would turn them into another enemy...or something...like we don't have enough enemies.' United States foreign policy (with apologies to Machiavelli)

Edited by Gis

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.

-Helen Keller

As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth,

so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind.

To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again.

To make a deep mental path,

we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.

√Henry David Thoreau

Love it

"Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days.

An old day passes, a new day arrives.

The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day."

*Dalai Lama

"You are focused on something that makes the rest of your life disappear. How can you broaden your view of time so that you could place this moment in a perspective that makes it insignificant?"

-- Dr. Robert Leahy

"He reminds me of the man who kil*ed both his parents, and then, when sentence was about to be pronounced, pleaded for mercy on the grounds that he was an orphan." Abraham Lincoln.

Edited by Mark250

she is benediction...
she is addicted to thee...
she is the root connection…
she..

is connecting with he….

here I go and I don't know why...
I fell so ceaselessly….
could it be he's taking over me…?

I'm dancing barefoot
heading for a spin...

*Patti Smith, Dancing Barefoot

Let's swim to the moon..

..let's climb through the tide..
surrender to the waiting worlds
that lap against our side...
nothing left open-
and no time to decide...
we've stepped into a river-
on our moonlight drive...

* Jim Morrison

Let's swim to the moon..

..let's climb through the tide..

surrender to the waiting worlds

that lap against our side...

nothing left open-

and no time to decide...

we've stepped into a river-

on our moonlight drive...

* Jim Morrison

Beautiful quote SS; thank you. :flowers:

"A few "do’s” to improve your emotional stability and wellbeing in general…

•Do… understand that the problem is not the problem – the problem is the incredible amount of over-thinking you’re doing with the problem.

•Do… realize that just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. Just because it’s easy, doesn’t mean it’s worth your while. Do what’s right in life, not what’s easy.

•Do… know there’s a big difference between empty fatigue and gratifying exhaustion. Life is too short. Invest in the activities you deeply care about.

•Do… admit when you are wrong, and then embrace the fact that you are wiser now than you were before.

•Do… say “no” so your yeses have more oomph.

•Do… be so busy loving the people who love you that you don’t have time to worry about the few people who don’t like you for no good reason.

•Do… focus more on being interested than being interesting.

•Do… express gratitude and think about how rich you are– your family and friends are priceless, your time is gold, and your health is true wealth.

•Do… realize that if the grass looks greener on the other side, it’s time to stop staring… stop comparing… stop complaining… and start watering the grass you’re standing on.

•Do… be old enough to appreciate your freedom, and young enough to enjoy it.

•Do… see transitions in life as the perfect opportunity to let go of one situation and embrace something even better coming your way."

~By Marc Chernoff.( Marc and Angel Hack Life) Practical Tips for Productive Living

Edited by ZenDarling

Evaluative Anxiety

"One entering what one perceives as a socially threatening situation is like someone walking a tightrope. One feels vulnerable to a serious mishap if one's performance is inadequate. To avoid danger, one must conform to a rigid set of rules regarding appropriate actions and movements or seek avoidance. The more one has a lack of confidence in one's skill, the more likely one is to make a potentially fatal misstep. If one has a failure of nerve, one's performance may be sabotaged by primitive reflex reactions--freezing, motor inhibition. Thus the performance is a test of one's ability and maturity. Failure would shatter one's image. Finally, every action is observed by a crowd of evaluators and appraised as skillful or clumsy, and one is judged according to one's confidence and competence.

The boldface words represent crucial aspects of the psychology of evaluative anxiety. The potential fall of the high-wire performer is paralleled by the fall from grace feared by an anxious person in the myriad of evaluative situations of everyday life."

-- Aaron T. Beck MD

Edited by Epictetus

"A few "dos to improve your emotional stability and wellbeing in general

Do understand that the problem is not the problem the problem is the incredible amount of over-thinking youre doing with the problem.

Do realize that just because you can, doesnt mean you should. Just because its easy, doesnt mean its worth your while. Do whats right in life, not whats easy.

Do know theres a big difference between empty fatigue and gratifying exhaustion. Life is too short. Invest in the activities you deeply care about.

Do admit when you are wrong, and then embrace the fact that you are wiser now than you were before.

Do say no so your yeses have more oomph.

Do be so busy loving the people who love you that you dont have time to worry about the few people who dont like you for no good reason.

Do focus more on being interested than being interesting.

Do express gratitude and think about how rich you are your family and friends are priceless, your time is gold, and your health is true wealth.

Do realize that if the grass looks greener on the other side, its time to stop staring stop comparing stop complaining and start watering the grass youre standing on.

Do be old enough to appreciate your freedom, and young enough to enjoy it.

Do see transitions in life as the perfect opportunity to let go of one situation and embrace something even better coming your way."

~By Marc Chernoff.( Marc and Angel Hack Life) Practical Tips for Productive Living

These are so inspiring, heck I need to have these on my wall to see every morning (a few I must follow as well)!

--

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

"Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word."

-Both by George R.R. Martin

I wanna tell you about Texas Radio and the Big Beat...
Comes out of the Virginia swamps-
Cool and slow with plenty of precision-
With a back beat narrow and hard to master..

Some call it heavenly in its brilliance-
Others, mean and rueful of the Western dream...
I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft-
We have constructed pyramids in honor of our escaping-
This is the land where the Pharaoh died...

**Jim Morrison**

“I know when to say no and when to say yes. I take responsibility for my choices. The victim? She went somewhere else. The only one who can truly victimize me is myself, and 99 percent of the time I choose to do that no more. But I need to continue to remember the key principles: boundaries, letting go, forgiveness after feeling my feelings—not before, self-expression, loving others but loving myself, too.”
― Melody Beattie, Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself

"Everyone wants to be the sun to lighten up everyone’s life, but why not be the moon, to brighten in the darkest hour." - Anon

Sign in to follow this