A Quote A Day...

ZenDarling

"The biggest struggle in life is the struggle to know, embrace, and accept ourselves, with all of our faults and imperfections.

Love and appreciate yourself - you're all you have."

By Melanie A. Greenberg, Ph.D.

Edited by ZenDarling

“To lose our grip on the costliness of forgiveness will result in a superficial, perfunctory confession that does not lead to any real change of heart. There will be no life change. To lose our grip on the freeness of forgiveness, however, will lead to continued guilt, shame, and self-loathing. There will be no relief. Only when we see both the freeness and the cost of forgiveness will we get relief from the guilt as well as liberation from the power of sin in our lives.” ~ Tim Keller

“I wonder if I've been changed in the night. Let me think.

Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different.

But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!”

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

"Why do we keep recreating the same reality? Why do we keep having the same relationships? Why do we keep getting the same jobs over and over again?

In this infinite sea of potential that exist around us, how come we keep recreating the same realities? Isn't it amazing that we have options and potentials that exist, but we're unaware of them?

Is it possible that we're so conditioned to our daily lives, so conditioned to the way we create our lives, that we buy the idea that we have no control at all.

We've been conditioned to believe that the external world is more real than the internal world.

This new model of science is just the opposite. It says what's happening within us will create what's happening outside of us."

The narrator from the documentary. "What the Bleep Do We Know?"

Edited by SoulSurvivor

“Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it.

I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings.

I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”
― Dalai Lama XIV

Edited by SoulSurvivor

"Leave your stepping stones behind, something calls for you
Forget the dead you’ve left, they will not follow you
The vagabond who’s rapping at your door
Is standing in the clothes that you once wore
Strike another match, go start anew
And it’s all over now, Baby Blue"

Bob Dylan

"A cow is a completely automatic milk manufacturing machine. It is encased in untanned leather and mounted on four vertical, movable supports, one on each corner.

The front end contains the cutting and grinding mechanism as well as the headlights, air inlet and exhaust, a bumper and two horns. At the rear is the dispensing apparatus and an automatic fly swatter.

The central power houses a hydro-chemical conversion plant. This consists in four fermentation and storage tanks connected in series by an intricate network of flexible plumbing. This section also contains the heating plant complete with automatic temperature controls, pumping station and main ventilating system. The waste disposal apparatus is located at the rear of the central section.

In brief, the externally visible features are: two lookers, two hookers, four stander uppers, four hanger-downers and a swishy swish.

There is also a similar machine known as a bull, which should not be confused with a cow. It produces no milk but has other interesting uses." --- Anonymous.