Sign in to follow this  
ZenDarling

A Quote A Day...

"Sorry I can't answer the phone or respond to messages, but I am hard at work right now staying out of a psychiatric hospital." [Prerecorded outgoing message on a telephone answering machine]

- Mark S.

"Scientists have demonstrated that dramatic, positive changes can occur in our lives as a direct result of facing an extreme challenge - whether it's coping with a serious illness, daring to quit smoking, or dealing with depression. Researchers call this 'post-traumatic growth.' "

~ Jane McGonigal

“Have compassion for everyone you meet, even if they don't want it. What seems conceit, bad manners, or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen. You do not know what wars are going on down there where the spirit meets the bone.”

― Miller Williams

Edited by mywarmblood

" With is an interesting word. It seems to transcend merely physical and material relations like "being next to," "being adjacent or in proximity to." The word with seems to transcend the distinction between objective and subjective and imply a relationship not between and "it" and an "it," but between a "thou" and another "thou." Two people can be with each other, often even when they are separated by great geographical distances. And a person can feel that they are not with anyone even in a room crowded with people. A person can be with a bird or a tree. Compassion means to "suffer with" com-passio, to be "with" someone, even a plant or animal that is suffering. More than a thousand years ago, Aristotle asked an interesting question. He asked: "If something called matter or whatever we want to call it is what unites all things and which all things have in common, what distinguishes things? It cannot be matter otherwise matter would be responsible for contradictory functions. Today, theoretical physics continues to ask the Aristotle's question as if it was brand new. And this brings us back to the mysterious word with. Are two stones with each other?"

-- Gabriel Marcel

Edited by Epictetus

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." –Albert Einstein

" With is an interesting word. It seems to transcend merely physical and material relations like "being next to," "being adjacent or in proximity to." The word with seems to transcend the distinction between objective and subjective and imply a relationship not between and "it" and an "it," but between a "thou" and another "thou." Two people can be with each other, often even when they are separated by great geographical distances. And a person can feel that they are not with anyone even in a room crowded with people. A person can be with a bird or a tree. Compassion means to "suffer with" com-passio, to be "with" someone, even a plant or animal that is suffering. More than a thousand years ago, Aristotle asked an interesting question. He asked: "If something called matter or whatever we want to call it is what unites all things and which all things have in common, what distinguishes things? It cannot be matter otherwise matter would be responsible for contradictory functions. Today, theoretical physics continues to ask the Aristotle's question as if it was brand new. And this brings us back to the mysterious word with. Are two stones with each other?"

-- Gabriel Marcel

Thanks, I love this! :flowers:

"Here is the tragedy: when you are the victim of depression, not only do you feel utterly helpless and abandoned by the world, you also know that very few people can understand or even begin to believe that life can be this painful. There is nothing that I can think of that is quite as isolating as this."

~ Giles Andreae
Edited by ZenDarling

“If you walk across my camera I will flash the world your story.”

― Woody Guthrie

Yay Woody! One of my heroes!

“People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that’s bulls***. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they’re afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they’re wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It’s all in how you carry it. That’s what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you’re letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.”

Jim Morrison

“If you walk across my camera I will flash the world your story.”

― Woody Guthrie

Yay Woody! One of my heroes!

“People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that’s bulls***. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they’re afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they’re wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It’s all in how you carry it. That’s what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you’re letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.”

Jim Morrison

…..Jim…..

…...and he walked on down the hall……..

Sign in to follow this