Sign in to follow this  
ZenDarling

A Quote A Day...

“I wanted to tell the book thief many things, about beauty and brutality.  But what could I tell her about those things that she didn’t already know?  I wanted to explain that I am constantly overestimating and underestimating the human race – that rarely do I ever simply estimate it.  I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant."

- Markus Zusak, The Book Thief, 2005

'By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before.'

-Edwin Elliot

'Yeah, Zen's here!'

-20YaC

Thank you 20! You are the BEST! I'm just seeing your post because I wasn't back long. Love, Zen

Edited by ZenDarling

“I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what.”

- To **** a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

A great quote from my favorite book and movie!

Whenever you are feeling sad, just remember that somewhere in the world there’s an ***** pulling a door that says “PUSH”.  anonymous

Cool quote and great quote in signature, Kabat-Zinn is incredible :Coopclapping:  and I practice, pivotal word is practice, his mindfulness-based stress reduction techniques.  They are hard and I'm not that far along in his methods (I learned a different meditation and mindfulness practice years ago), but they are already life-changing!

'Your greatest test is when you are able to bless someone else while you are going through your own storm.'

-Ziglar.com

Ain't it the truth!  No really, I firmly believe this and it helps me give some higher purpose for my trials.  It usually helps me get through my own storm; I always get more back than I give in these situations.  Thanks for the great quote 20!

"There's no coming to consciousness without pain ...One does not
become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the
darkness conscious." Carl Jung

"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you
will call it fate." Carl Jung

“So, this is my life.  And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be."

- Stephen Chbosky, Perks of Being a Wallflower, 1999

"You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." - The Doctor

"Peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work.  Peace means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart.  That is the real meaning of peace."  - Unknown. 

"When a child first catches adults out - when it first walks into his grave little head that adults do not always have divine intelligence, that their judgments are not always wise, their thinking true, their sentences just - his world falls into panic desolation.  The gods are fallen and all safety gone.  And there is one sure thing about the fall of gods: they do not fall a little; they crash and shatter or sink deeply into green muck.  It is a tedious job to build them up again; they never quite shine.  And the child's world is never quite whole again.  It is an aching kind of growing."

- John Steinbeck, East of Eden, 1952

'Normality is a paved road. It is comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.'

-Vincent van Gogh  :mad1:

'You don't know why you're exhausted?

You're fighting a war inside your head every day.

If that's not exhausting, I don't know what is.'

-healthyplace.com  :hugs:

Sign in to follow this