Sign in to follow this  
goodpanda28

Advice On Cymbalta Dosage

Hi,

Im new to the forums and would like to ask for some advice on Cymbalta.

I started it around 5 months ago and was doing really great on 60mg. I can safely say it changed my life. My anxiety and depression went. However, here I am less than 6 months later and the anxiety and depression are back. I can't believe it. I feel so devastated. I had felt so happy and normal for the first time in my life.

My doc has given me a prescription for 90mg now. Has going from 60mg to 90mg helped anyone? How long should it take? I really don't want to come off it as I really found it amazing.

Why on earth does it stop working for some people?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) I feel like my new found luck has been snatched away from me.

I was on 90 mg of Cymbalta for many years.  Finally after a bit of weight gain I decided to get off the drugs.  I weaned of over 3 months according to my doctors instructions and never really had any severe adverse effects.  The only problem I seem to have is a slight emotional instability.  I cry from the slightest sad event.  Funerals are a definite chore to maintain composure.  Overal, this is getting better. It's been almost 5 months that I have been off Cymbalta completely. 

I need to get bumped to 60mg. 30mg was fading for me and my doc only increased my rx to 40mg. Ugh. I've only been on for two months. Hopefully I'll get longer term relief.