Sign in to follow this  
ZenDarling

What Are You Grateful For?

Today I am so grateful that my son is back, he wasn't gone physically but his addiction dragged him back for a few days. It's very hard for him to fight his demons especially with the real prospect that come September he may loose his kids, they are already with their prospective adoptive parents. But today is today and I am thankful and grateful. I'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

^SunnierDays2 I am happy to read your post :) It's good to be in a place with people you enjoy. I've had one or two coworkers in my time that always managed to brighten my day, and I'm glad you can have that too.

My grandparents

My aunt

My parents

My brother sister in law and their baby son my nephew

Getting a new job that is with school board so I will get summers off every summer and all the school vacations

My amazing dog

My truck

My condo

My Family

My Pets

I know my illness makes things really hard sometimes but I `m really grateful for everything I have.I know some people have it much worse.I`m really grateful for my family for trying to understand me and for being patient with me.I`m grateful to them for helping some of my dreams come true.

• Being alive
  • The people who cared when nobody else did
  • People who, although it ended in pain, I'm grateful for having had in my life
  • The old man who stopped and chatted with me in the middle of the night one winter when I was having a rough time
  • The graveyard in the woods where I could feel free and at peace during my not-so-good childhood
  • My deceased great-grandfather, for his words of wisdom when he was alive
  • This community

among other things

There are some awesome and inspiring posts here. Please believe me when I say that there are days when this site helps me to keep moving forward. So Im thankful and grateful for you guys, which means girls also. Lol. Today is one of those days when I find myself reminiscing, about friends I haven't seen in many years, departed ones, some in my family who are about to depart this life and my siblings whom I haven't seen in a while. So thank you all for being here and allowing us into your lives. I'm very grateful for you.

My kid. Everyday.

The happy times I had with my wife in the past.

The ability to look forward to happy times in the future - whether with my wife or with someone else.

Peace

Electricity.  A few months ago a freak storm wiped out a heap of power poles and we were without power for 47 hours.  Trying to entertain a teenager when he doesn't have his internet is not fun :glare: .  I was happy to just sit read a book but he hates reading.  Luckily the weather was neither too hot nor cold and we have a gas stove so I could still make coffee.  :coffeebreak:   We take so much for granted and don't realize how much we rely on things until we lose them.

so, so very grateful for some time (minutes, hours, who knows?) without SI.

grateful for ya'll keeping this thread going

508 PM - It is creeping back and I will go now.

Edited by ZenDarling

There are some awesome and inspiring posts here. Please believe me when I say that there are days when this site helps me to keep moving forward. So Im thankful and grateful for you guys, which means girls also. Lol. Today is one of those days when I find myself reminiscing, about friends I haven't seen in many years, departed ones, some in my family who are about to depart this life and my siblings whom I haven't seen in a while. So thank you all for being here and allowing us into your lives. I'm very grateful for you.

:hugs:  :flowers:  :hugs:

Right now? Tonight?

I'm not grateful for anything. My life is crap.

It's my fault for being afraid and sitting on life's sidelines for so long.

I've been a fool.

Sign in to follow this