What Are You Grateful For?

ZenDarling

Counting my blessings, even though there are times that I don't see any, has been a big help with my depression and suicidal ideation over the 20 or so years that I have been fighting depression and other ailments. I'm eager to hear what you find as blessings, as I may have them and not realized it and I hope that counting your blessings, especially in writing and sharing it with others, helps you as much as it has me.

Right now and for the past month, I have been most grateful for this website and its members. It/you has/have absolutely saved my life, literally. It gives me a feeling of purpose to know that my sharing sometimes helps others - you know, "better to give than receive," and that is certainly true for me.

I am also very grateful for my sometimes verbally abusive (used to be physically too) ex-husband who, for the last year, has supported me financially and kept me from being homeless by allowing me to couch surf. He has helped me despite his own critical health issues and disability and it is a definite hardship for him. The more I recover and/or just feel better, the less dysfunction/abuse we have and/or that I trigger. (I don't take the responsibility for causing abuse but I do know how to push his buttons and I have not been doing it as much since utilizing this website.)

I am grateful for my food stamps and the free phone even though it has terrible reception and few features.

My sincerest and heartfelt thanks to all of you here,

Be blessed,

Zen

I am also so very grateful for my Wellbutrin, Ativan and Tramadol even though they don't relieve all my symptoms and have negative side effects.

I am also grateful for whatever it is in me that allows me to fight all my illnesses and to find new and better ways to manage them; for me, this is my Higher Power.

I'm grateful for my Dad, who has been and is the most supportive person in my life.

I'm grateful for the opportunities I have, such as access to higher education.

I'm grateful to all the people I've known throughout the years –including the bad ones– for helping to form the Me that exists today, however flawed.

Like members above, I'm grateful for my physical health and whatever fighting spirit (or whatever you want to call it) that's somehow kept me afloat all this time.

Most of all, I'm grateful that my circumstances are such that I know my life can become better: it's within my power, even though it is also the hardest task I'm likely to undertake.

I'm grateful for my Dad, who has been and is the most supportive person in my life.

I'm grateful for the opportunities I have, such as access to higher education.

I'm grateful to all the people I've known throughout the years –including the bad ones– for helping to form the Me that exists today, however flawed.

Like members above, I'm grateful for my physical health and whatever fighting spirit (or whatever you want to call it) that's somehow kept me afloat all this time.

Most of all, I'm grateful that my circumstances are such that I know my life can become better: it's within my power, even though it is also the hardest task I'm likely to undertake.

Great post. Thank you!

I`m grateful for my family especially my mother who is the most supportive,loving person in the world. :) :)

I`m grateful for my family again for making it possible for a dream of mine to come true last year( that was seeing Morrissey in concert).

I`m grateful for my pets(which are also part of my family)For giving me unconditional love.

Life with this illness can be really difficult sometimes but I try not to forget about the things I do have and am so thankful for.I know some people aren`t so lucky and I do thank God for these blessings.I think that is so important even while we are struggling.

I`m grateful for my family especially my mother who is the most supportive,loving person in the world. :) :)

I`m grateful for my family again for making it possible for a dream of mine to come true last year( that was seeing Morrissey in concert).

I`m grateful for my pets(which are also part of my family)For giving me unconditional love.

Life with this illness can be really difficult sometimes but I try not to forget about the things I do have and am so thankful for.I know some people aren`t so lucky and I do thank God for these blessings.I think that is so important even while we are struggling.

Thank you for this beautifully written and heart-warming post. Be blessed, Zen

As I've said many times, I am so grateful for DF and all of you who have support me.

And of course, I'm still grateful for all the things I listed yesterday.

At the same time, I think that I am going to challenge myself to at least try to list something new each day.

Today, I am grateful for my car even though it is not running right now because I need to get the battery recharged.

- I am grateful for my family, and the roof over my head.

- Having, at least, an anxiolytic that works, even when my AD's don't.

- My pets <3

- The education I have completed.

- The education that I started, and haven't completed. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to go back next year and retain my scholarship, rather than withdraw and lose everything.

- DF, and all of the great people here.

I am grateful that I can remember my dreams from last night, however bizarre they were. It has been a long time since I've remembered a dream. I'm glad to know that last night, at least, my brain had the opportunity to and did engage in dream work so very important in my mental health.

I am thankful for DF...I don't feel quite so alone when I come here.

I am thankful for a full tummy and my appetite which was missing for so long..

I am thankful for the snow covered mountains. Their beauty makes me feel closer to my Higher Power.