Panic Attack And Want To Give Up

Jarj

I have got really close to someone over the last month, they helped me get on track with my weight and cutting down drinking. We spent so much time together and on the phone. Recently he has been feeling low so I have been checking he is okay. I got a message back today saying he wants to terminate our friendship as I didn't give him space, he didn't even ask.

I had a panic attack at work and had to leave. He said he is blocking me and won't reply to me it has made my anxiety worse I don't want to go to work tomorrow and want to give up everything he has helped me with as it reminds me of him. My head is a mess I feel so low I just can't cope.....

Please don't give up. Do you have a friend you can call to be with or family? Do you have a therapist you can talk to? This is a big blow so it is understandable that you would be upset and hurting over it but you didn't do anything wrong. This person just was unable to cope either to be honest or he would have been more up front with you instead of waiting until it got to the boiling over point. The best thing you can do is let yourself mourn the loss but keep reminding yourself that it isn't your fault that they didn't communicate properly. You can find someone else. This said, if you don't have a therapist you may want to consider one so you can have someone to help you sort out your troubles who won't run away. Please be gentle with yourself. You can get throught this, just keep breathing.

I have mailed someone ref counselling and I am on citalopram but as soon as he text me this, this morning I had to go to the docs and they gave me something else I just have to wait for the counsellor to get in touch. I know I should not let this ruin my life but I cannot control my emotions we got so close, we had so much in common why can he be this cruel it hurts so much it's ******* me x

I understand. Emotions have a mind of their own but just try to refrain from adding to it with your own dialogue putting yourself down. I suspect he wasn't trying to be cruel. I suspect he dosn't cope well himself and simply had to run away but regardless it is going to hurt so it's ok to be upset just do your best to remind yourself that you are still special and worthy and you can get past this. You are much stronger and resilient then you believe you are and you will one day find someone who won't run away from you.

You are not pathetic, you are human. Everyone feels hurt when they are rejected. This is a natural response but the idea is to try and not blame yourself or call yourself names over what happened. This is that person's fault and his fault alone. You must try and think outside of thinking you need him to survive. You don't. You survived before he came into your life and you will survive now that he is gone. With time the hurt will fade and you will have new people in your life. Just keep your thoughts as positive as you can, try and catch the defeating words and throw them away and replace them with self kindness. Remind yourself that you are strong even if you don't believe it just yet. Say it anyways and say it often.