Fallen Into A Really Bad Habit-Making My Depression Worse

Nefret

Up at 6 then fall asleep at 6, no life. That is I fall asleep at 6 in the morning, then get up around 6 in the evening. Can't have a life likE this and am so depressed. I see no sun, this time of year either. Anxiety is bad too. I have family around but feel really alone, so I came here to reach out and need help getting on a better schedule. I have tried to, but to no avail. And the shower thing, well that's another topic....

This sounds like me! However, I fall asleep at 6 p.m. and wake up at 6 a.m. (usually earlier.) I'm embarrassed admitting that, but when I'm awake I feel so anxious/depressed/lonely, so I welcome the sleep. I have no life either.

I don't really have many suggestions for you, just know that you're not alone and I can relate.

So sorry that the depression is that bad. The pain is so very deep I would imagine. Im sure you have already tried it, but have you tried to force yourself to reverse the cycle by doing whatever to stay awake? Seems like thats the only way to get out of it. Has this always been a pattern? We do really need sun....makes it hard when you never get any. No great words of advice.....just saying Im so sorry its that bad.

Thank yoy Calla Lili and IP44 for taking the time to write to me. I appreciate it so very much!!

With th reversal, I need to go to bed on time to fix this, as I don't want to get up at 6 pm either. So started to wean off the late nights. I asked my husband to wake me up at 4pm aand with some coxing I got up, no naps and now I must awake tomorrow at 3:30pm and go to bed at around 5am or earlier. I am tring to make small steps.

With my progress I will write it all here, and would love the support. It makes SUCH a difference!

Thanks for your post. Every bit helps!! :))

Well lastnight I didn't sleep at all an am still up at 6:30! I think what I will do is just stay up and go to bed at a decent time. And if I can take a shower that's a bonus.

Really trying to get out of this anxietY and depression. Takes a lot of work. And support from a community such as this.

Thanks!!!

You have my full support. These things are very difficult to surmount so just be gentle with yourself. I have also found making small changes at a time helps the changes stick but in this case it sounds like you may need to reset your body clock. You may be sleepy as you readjust but with time it will get better. Hang in there.

Oh Nefret I'm so sorry to hear this. What time did you fall asleep on the couch? I'm glad you were able to have one good night of sleep. You could try an antihistamine like Phenergan to help you get back into the right pattern (as long as it's ok with any meds you're taking) I use that sometimes as a sleep aid.