Sign in to follow this  
enickols

Lexapro & Wellbutrin Success

I just wanted to take time and express how these two medications have changed my life for the better. Saturday is usually a day I either go hunting with my father or go out shopping or visiting friends. Before Lexapro and WB I would simply lay in the bed with zero energy and depressive thoughts ALL DAY LONG. Now I take my meds and within an hour I'm up making the bed and calling family members to see what's on the agenda! Thank God for pharmaceutical companies!

Edited by enickols

This is encouraging to me. I've been on Lexapro (20mg) for 6 weeks now and the anxiety has gotten better but I still can't function through a normal day and I'd rather just stay at home. I have zero energy/motivation. My MD has talked about adding Wellbutrin, I have an appointment with him next week. How much WB are you on? (If you don't mind answering that).

Thanks again.

I used to take 400mg of WB a day and I have unheard of energy! So much that I had trouble sleeping at night. Doc put me on 300mg and now everything is normal. WB is like any other antidepressant in that it needs time to work. Some will disagree with that statement but don't give up on the med until after AT LEAST six weeks of continuous use ...

Current Daily Meds:

3mg Klonopin

300mg Wellbutrin

10mg Lexapro

200mg Seroquel

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

I was on the WB 5 - 6 weeks. Not long. I had told my doc I didn't feel a difference. So he said bump up the Cipralex to 40 and stop the WB. But now I have less energy. That could be from the upped dose of Cipralex or the omitting of the WB, or both.

I'm wondering, is 150mg of WB enough to do anything when taking, say, 30 or 40mg of Cipralex also?

This is encouraging to me. I've been on Lexapro (20mg) for 6 weeks now and the anxiety has gotten better but I still can't function through a normal day and I'd rather just stay at home. I have zero energy/motivation. My MD has talked about adding Wellbutrin, I have an appointment with him next week. How much WB are you on? (If you don't mind answering that).

Thanks again.

Hi

Are you able to tell me how the Wellbutrin worked as I am interested in taking some.

I was on the WB 5 - 6 weeks. Not long. I had told my doc I didn't feel a difference. So he said bump up the Cipralex to 40 and stop the WB. But now I have less energy. That could be from the upped dose of Cipralex or the omitting of the WB, or both.

I'm wondering, is 150mg of WB enough to do anything when taking, say, 30 or 40mg of Cipralex also?

Give 150 a try. If you don't feel differently, go to 300mg

Current Daily Meds:

3mg Klonopin

300mg Wellbutrin

10mg Lexapro

200mg Seroquel

Mona,

Give 150 a try. If you don't feel differently, go to 300mg

Current Daily Meds:

3mg Klonopin

300mg Wellbutrin

10mg Lexapro

200mg Seroquel

Current Daily Meds:

3mg Klonopin

300mg Wellbutrin

10mg Lexapro

200mg Seroquel

Thanks again.

Hi

Are you able to tell me how the Wellbutrin worked as I am interested in taking some.

Hi Chippy, I only started it taking it Saturday but I already can tell it's starting to work as I've not had much of an appetite (woohoo) though I will say that I'm experiencing more anxiety than ususal but I have heard it's common when you first start it. Otherwise, i don't have any problems....except sleeping but I'm not sure where that problem lies. I'm taking 150 and will increase to 300 on Saturday.

Enickols, way ahead of you. I'm trying the welly 150mg again. Only this time with the 40mg of cipralex, not with my original dose of 30mg. I will tell my doc when I see him.

Thanks again.

Hi

Hi Chippy, I only started it taking it Saturday but I already can tell it's starting to work as I've not had much of an appetite (woohoo) though I will say that I'm experiencing more anxiety than ususal but I have heard it's common when you first start it. Otherwise, i don't have any problems....except sleeping but I'm not sure where that problem lies. I'm taking 150 and will increase to 300 on Saturday.

Hi Freckledface

Thanks for your email, I really appreciate it. I wonder if the WB is giving you the problem sleeping, I hope not. I am really interested in your progress as I think we are fairly similar on our journey at the moment. I just upped my dose of Lexapro to 20mg 4 days ago ( three weeks on Lexapro, slowly increasing from 5mg). It has helped me a lot. I do take .5mg of clonazipam in the morning. At night I take 3.75mg of Zopiclone to help with sleep (reduced from 7.5mg) I also take 8 to 10mg of melatonin as it's more natural and not addictive like zopiclone. I take some vitamins like omega 3 and B complex. Have you tried these in your diet, it should help. Let's stay in touch

Thanks again.

Hi

I would enjoy the advantage of losing some weight on WB too.

Hi Freckledface

Thanks for your email, I really appreciate it. I wonder if the WB is giving you the problem sleeping, I hope not. I am really interested in your progress as I think we are fairly similar on our journey at the moment. I just upped my dose of Lexapro to 20mg 4 days ago ( three weeks on Lexapro, slowly increasing from 5mg). It has helped me a lot. I do take .5mg of clonazipam in the morning. At night I take 3.75mg of Zopiclone to help with sleep (reduced from 7.5mg) I also take 8 to 10mg of melatonin as it's more natural and not addictive like zopiclone. I take some vitamins like omega 3 and B complex. Have you tried these in your diet, it should help. Let's stay in touch

Hi Chippy,

I had the sleeping problems before I started the WB. I'm glad that the Lexapro is helping--have you had many side effects from the increase?

I've tried melatonin and it isn't helpful to me. I'm going to talk to my doctor about my insomnia but for now I'm trying to cut out caffeine and eat a more balanced diet as well as try to get some exercise in. I miss the days of sleeping though. :((( I'm taking a multi-vitamin and extra calcium and am going to add magnesium, I also take a B complex as well and I think D3.

Keep us updated!!

Hi Freckledface

Hi Chippy,

I had the sleeping problems before I started the WB. I'm glad that the Lexapro is helping--have you had many side effects from the increase?

I've tried melatonin and it isn't helpful to me. I'm going to talk to my doctor about my insomnia but for now I'm trying to cut out caffeine and eat a more balanced diet as well as try to get some exercise in. I miss the days of sleeping though. :((( I'm taking a multi-vitamin and extra calcium and am going to add magnesium, I also take a B complex as well and I think D3.

Keep us updated!!

The only side effects are, a dry mouth and feeling sleepy, that one really gets to me though..