Sign in to follow this  
dorat12

What Side Effects Did You Experience On Celexa For The First Weeks/month??

I would appreciate it if people described exactly how they felt when first getting adjusted to Celexa!
I feel spacey and forgetful and extremely tired and was wondering if anyone else did?

And how long did it take for your body to get adjusted and for the side effects to go away?

Thanks in advance

About a year ago I was on Celexa for 18 months. Initially is felt very nervous and anxious. My doc prescribed a PRN dose of Xanax until that phase passed. It took a good six weeks before I felt the med working. It really helped my mood and anxiety. However, I was very tried 60% of the time and that didn't seen to subside with time. It was one of those side effects I was stuck dealing with.

I ended up on 40mg and the effects seemed to wear off. Doc switched me to Lexapro and I've been great ever since. Lex works better for anxiety than Celexa, in my humble opinion.

Hope this helps!

About a year ago I was on Celexa for 18 months. Initially I felt very nervous and anxious. My doc prescribed a PRN dose of Xanax until that phase passed. It took a good six weeks before I felt the med working. It really helped my mood and anxiety. However, I was very tried 60% of the time and that didn't seen to subside with time. It was one of those side effects I was stuck dealing with.

I ended up on 40mg and the effects seemed to wear off. Doc switched me to Lexapro and I've been great ever since. Lex works better for anxiety than Celexa, in my humble opinion.

Hope this helps!