Hi. Im currently on bupropion 150mg twice a day solely to help control my anger. I have been thinking I need something to help with concentration. Im a machinist and need to know and remember alot of numbers. I find myself forgetting alot. Ill be walking to the inspection table, then measure the part. And need to remember .0075" and .00015" and offset one by .001". Then on the way back to my machine ill start thinking about what im going to do at home or sports, and completely forget my numbers. And then have to go back and remeasure.

So ive been looking online for something to help. And alot of what I see says to not take bupropion and adderall. And that adderal just makes u madder. Thats counterproductive. So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or imput. Thank you.

Hi,

If you see a psychiatrist for your medicine, you should consult him or her. I take bupropion 300 mg daily for depression and Strattera 80 mg for ADD. That last one is a non-stimulant class of ADD drugs, for adult consumption at this point. It's also kind of new and expensive, even with a co-pay, so I don't know how much I'll keep taking it.

It works as a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor and I think it has improved both my mood and my abiltity to concentrate.

I find it interesting that you're on bupropion to control anger. I guess it might work to control impulsivity, but lots of people who take it often feel angrier on it, and have to stop.

I think with Adderall and Concerta, those drugs are stimulants and can make you irritable, and crash when they wear off.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Edited to add: it takes about 2 months to feel the full effects of Strattera. Ritalin, Adderall etc, the effect is quicker.

Edited by Dolphin2013